Chapter 8

I wake up to knocking on the door. I'm wondering what it could be. I slowly get downstairs. I open the door to ryker. Whome looks distressed and worried. He tells me that Eric was in a crash before I knew it I was out the door with him and Jess and when I get to the hospital I look at Eric he's alive thank god. Mel? Eric said. What the fuck man I told you I'm fine and not to tell her. Ryker looks mad and says you were drinking a lot last night. Yeah I have a lot going on. I sit on the bed. Ryker, Jess can you leave us alone I say. They walk out I look at Eric and he hugs me. I'm sorry. It's okay I'm just glad your okay. What's going on you drank a lot last night. He looks at me and think for awhile. My parents are getting a divorce. Oh.. I'm sorry. He starts to speak I didn't wanna tell you because your mom just died and.. hey it's okay. He leans in and we kiss for a minute. He backs away there's something else because of this my parents are sending me to boarding school for a year. He looks down. Wha.. no.. why.. your gonna leave me. I look at him. I start to tear up. I'm sorry I wanted to tell you this but you know.. but Mel I don't want this to be the end. How is this gonna work?! Your gonna leave for a year with no contact what was the point of even getting close to me huh? Mel I'm sorr- save it I'm gonna go. Wait Mel. I run out of the room and Jess try's to chase after me. But I don't let her. Ryker does anyway. Mel calm down slow down he pulls my arm. What happen back there. Nothing now leave me alone. No! Tell me what's wrong. I can't okay. Just let me go.. I need to get put of here do something with my life.

Few hours later

I reach a Starbucks and I go inside to get my favorite drink witch is a vanilla bean drink. I get my drink and I sit there for awhile and listen to music I look like I'm reading but I'm not. I was in a daze until this girl come up to me. Um.. hello. I look up at her she has long black hair with blue streaks in her hair and she clearly knows what she is doing with her make up and has a septem pericing in her nose. I take a head phone out. Yes? Can I sit here with you? Uh sure. She looks me up and down what's your name? Melissa but you can call me Mel. How about you? My name is brianna. But you can call me bri. So what you reading? I close the book nothing really I'm actually just thinking. Been a day? Yeah long day. Hmm well wanna hangout you seem cool. Uh sure. Why not I could use the distraction. Okay cool. We walk around for awhile then we hit a store. I see Justin and I wave at him and he comes up to us. Hey Mel and hey bri I didn't know you guys new each other. Oh you know Justin bri? Yeah he's my brother. Oh really? Yeah different moms though. Oh wow. Yeah well let's go she pulls me away. Justin looks worried wonder why.. oh well.