XV

"You okay?" Amaru asked once Killian got into the car.

A couple of months have went by and everything is back on track. Killian is still going to therapy and he and Amaru have been attending family therapy. Both of them have gotten better with handling themselves and each other.

Amaru's relationship with Heather has been great and was moving fairly quickly. The two of them have made the decision to buy a house together during the summer. Amaru's lease for his apartment will be up in June and he was going to pay to break Heather's lease—even though she refused.

If you asked any person who did not know anything about their relationship if they were moving fast, then that person would say yes. However, the two of them knew what they were doing and if it didn't feel right, then they wouldn't be doing it. Their love was solidified and it was made known during Christmas at Cynthia's house who was already planning a wedding and a baby shower for them in advance.

Amaru's tattoo shop is still successful and he did end up going to the convention in December. It took a lot of convincing from everyone—including Killian, but he went and ended up making a lot of money and boosting his shop. He's gained more clients from all over Tennessee and the rest of the United States. He was recently invited to another convention in the spring that took place in Miami and he was definitely on the verge of saying yes.

"Yes, I'm okay." Killian replied. He just finished visiting his mother's grave for the third time and Amaru allowed him to go alone this time.

"Alright, we're about to go scoop Micah up then head to Uncle's house for boys night." Amaru said as he started the car.

"Oh yeah! We're about to get chocolate wasted!" Killian exclaimed, making Amaru look at him as if he was crazy.

"Who let you watch Grown Ups?" Amaru asked.

Killian smiled. "Cousin."

Amaru scoffed and shook his head as he pulled off. "Of course he did."

-

"He's not here, Chance. He's at a sleep over. I told you that." Heather said to her ex who was standing at her front door.

"And I told you that I was coming to pick him up today." Chance replied.

Heather sighed and rolled her eyes. "Look, you had a chance to get him last week, but you didn't and I told you that he would be at a sleepover this weekend which was planned three weeks out. Don't cause any trouble because I don't need that right now. He'll be back on Sunday, so you can get him then."

"Bitch, I'm not about to sit here and play with you. Give me my fucking son." Chance retorted.

"Okay, that's my cue to shut this door. Have a good night."

As Heather was trying to close the door, Chance used his body to push the door back open. He grabbed Heather by her arm, but quickly released her when he saw Mya leaning against the nearby wall with her gun in hand.

"You wanna try that shit again?" Mya asked Chance as she waved the gun. "You got life fucked up. Get yo ass out of here."

Chance smirked as he slowly walked out of the townhouse. Heather quickly shut and locked the door behind him, sighing heavily. "Please don't tell Amaru." Heather said, already knowing what Mya was thinking.

"I'm sorry, baby. I love you, but I have to. This man is now becoming a threat. I know you have a gun and you can handle your own, but he needs to be aware of this—especially when he's involved with Micah." Mya replied. "This is something I can't stay out of. Amaru needs to know."