XXXIV

"Happy half birthday, papa!" Heather whispered as she kissed six month old Jaxon's chubby cheeks making him smile. "Aww, you're so handsome."

"Mommy." Killian said as he walked into the bedroom.

"Daddy's still sleep, baby. You have to talk quietly." She told Killian in a low tone. "What's wrong? You're usually not up this early."

It was currently the last day of school and they gave Killian a choice if he wanted to stay home or not and he chose to stay home so he could sleep in. Heather was still going in due to her having a party planned for her class.

"Nothing is wrong. I changed my mind. I want to go to school today." Killian told her.

"What made you change your mind?" Heather asked as she picked the crud from his eyes.

"Oh—uhhh—no reason." Killian stammered.

Heather furrowed her eyebrows. "Killian, are you lying to me?"

Killian's cheeks turned red as he placed his head in her lap. "Yes, but I'm embarrassed!"

Heather giggled. "Shhh, you'll wake up daddy. Why are you embarrassed?"

"I have a crush on this girl and I want to see her." He said shyly.

"Aww, baby boy." Heather cooed as she rubbed his back. "What's her name?"

"I'm not telling you that because you might go to my class and look for her!" Killian whispered harshly, making Heather laugh.

"Okay, you caught me." Heather said. "I just find it so cute."

"Y'all need to hush." Amaru mumbled.

Killian covered his mouth holding in his laugh as Heather folded her lips. Jaxon began to scream causing Amaru to sit up and mug him. "Aight, y'all gotta go." He said, making Killian and Heather laugh.

-

"Look at my babies." Big Mama said as she watched Amaru walk in with Jaxon in his arms and Micah walking by his side.

"Big Mama!" Micah shouted, running towards her.

"Hey, baby!" Big Mama exclaimed. She picked him up and kissed his cheek. "What'd y'all do today?"

"We went to the park with the duckies!" Micah told her.

"Hey, mama." Amaru said, kissing Big Mama's cheek. "I need a favor."

"What you need?" Big Mama asked as they all sat down in the living room.

"Can you watch the kids tonight? Heather and I haven't had time to ourselves since Jaxon was born and I want to treat her. Then Mama Cyn is gonna pick them up tomorrow morning." Amaru explained.

"Of course. I know you already have their stuff in your car because you knew I was gonna say yes." Big Mama said.

Amaru smiled. "You know me so well." He said as he handed Jaxon to Big Mama. "Heather and Kill will be here in a minute. She texted me a bit ago saying they left practice. Just say you wanna spend some time with the boys or something. I'm about to get their things and put it in the room."

"Okay, son."

After Amaru put the boys things in the room and the breast milk in the fridge, he returned to the living room and Heather and Killian walked into the house shortly after. They greeted everyone and Heather took a quick shower in Big Mama's bathroom before changing in the lounge set she brought with her and nursing Jaxon. Afterwards, Killian went to take a bath.