XXXVII

"Say dada." Amaru said as he held Jaxon.

Amaru just came back home from his conventions a day ago and was happy to be back. He missed Heather and the boys and decided to never leave for another convention that long again.

"Dada." Jaxon said with a smile.

Amaru smiled back. "That's my fat man." He said, kissing Jaxon's cheek.

"Daddy!" Killian shouted as he ran into the bedroom. "I pulled out my last baby tooth!"

"Damn—I mean dang, Kill." Amaru said as he sat up with Jaxon in his arm. "You lost all of your baby teeth very fast—too fast."

"Uncle said I am turning into a young man." Killian said.

Amaru chuckled. "Yeah, you're definitely growing up and I don't think daddy can take it."

"It's okay, daddy." Killian assured him. "I told you that I'll always be your little man—no matter what."

"I know." Amaru said as he kissed Killian's forehead.

Killian slid himself on his father's lap next to Jaxon. "I think he's starting to look more like mommy."

Amaru scoffed. "He is. He got rid of all of my features."

"Well—on the bright side—I look like you." Killian told him.

"Yeah, you're my twin." Amaru chuckled. Amaru's phone began to ring and he saw that it was Heather FaceTiming him. He answered the call and she appeared on the screen.

"Aww, y'all are so adorable." Heather said once Amaru, Killian, and Jaxon appeared on the screen. "Where's Micah?"

"Sleep like always." Amaru replied. "You enjoying your spa day?"

Before Amaru came back, he set up an appointment for Heather at a spa so she could be pampered after being with the boys alone for a week and a half. Heather was surprised when Mya came to the house and took her away.

"I am, but I miss y'all." Heather pouted.

Amaru smirked. "You say that now but we'll be getting on your nerves later on."

"Yeah, especially you." Killian blurted out, making Heather laugh and Amaru mug him.

"Did you lose your last baby tooth?!" Heather asked Killian. He smiled and showed her the tooth in his hand. "Aww, pumpkin! You're growing up! This is why I need to be home!"

"Enjoy your spa day and get off my line." Amaru told her.

Heather rolled her eyes. "Fine. I'll see y'all soon. Love you guys."

"We love you too, baby." Amaru replied before ending the call.

-

Heather turned to the side to look at the progress of her pregnancy. She was almost thirteen weeks and she was showing a bit. They found out their conception date was when Big Mama watched the boys and she and Amaru had the night and the next morning to themselves. Amaru was definitely feeling himself and wanted to try again after this baby, but he and Heather already agreed to stop at baby number four.

"Heather! Girl!" Mya fussed as she and Nova walked into the room. "We gotta be at the courthouse in twenty minutes and your ass is in here looking at baby nugget. C'mon, boo!"

Heather smiled. "Okay, I'm sorry. It just seemed like I grew overnight."

"I see your little bump." Nova giggled as she poked Heather's belly. "Look at this picture Arman sent me of him and Jax." Nova showed Mya and Heather the selfie Arman sent her.

"Aww, look at them." Heather cooed. "Those babies love cousin."

"You should see him with my nieces and nephews—they're obsessed with him." Nova said as she put her phone away. "Now, we need to get you dressed so you can marry yo fiancé!"

"Okay, okay." Heather laughed.

Heather's dress was a simple lace dress with a deep v-neck. The straps were also lace to match the rest of the dress. It was very elegant—yet simple and a piece of Cynthia and Dear's gowns were sewn inside. Her hair was in a sleek high puff per Amaru's request and she used her father's silver cuff links as hair accessories. She had a soft glam make up look and Amaru bought her a diamond necklace and bracelet that he gifted her that morning.

"Aww, look at baby nugget." Mya said as she rubbed Heather's stomach through the dress. "You're so beautiful, bestie."

Heather smiled. "Thank you. I can't believe I'm getting married!"

"Yes, bitch!" Mya shouted as she twerked, making Heather and Nova laugh. "Aight, we gotta go. They're probably waiting on us!"

-

"We married, mamas." Amaru said as he carried her over the threshold.

Heather giggled. "Yes indeed."

Amaru placed her on her feet and kissed her lips. "All of this excitement, we didn't plan out a honeymoon."

"I don't need a honeymoon. I just need you." Heather said kissing him again.

"Nah, you getting a honeymoon—even if it's after the baby is born." Amaru told her.

"Okay, husband. If you insist." Heather replied, making Amaru chuckle. "Let's go shower and nap then we can have married couple sex. I need to charge my battery."

"Aight, baby. Let's go." Amaru said.

After they showered, they got into bed and Heather went to sleep almost immediately. Amaru stayed up and allowed the news to play in the background on the television as he made a post on his business page for upcoming open appointments two months in advance.

After receiving more attention from the recent conventions Amaru went to, he raised his prices a bit. Instead of a $60 shop minimum, he raised it to $100. People rarely come to him for simple pieces anymore and he still plans on running specials, but he now fully knows his worth along with Arman and the other artists who work at the shop. Every time they open appointments, they'll be fully booked; and with the amount of money they make, they can be more flexible with their schedules.

As Amaru made his post, a mugshot on the television caught his eyes and he realized it was Chance. He placed his phone down and used the remote to turn the volume up a bit more.

"...Chance White accepted a plea deal early this morning and will be serving a ten to fifteen year sentence..."

"This gotta be a joke." Amaru mumbled. He looked at Heather who was still sleeping peacefully. He did not want to wake her up and ruin this day for her, but he knew she needed to know.

-

"Good morning." Heather said as she walked into the kitchen while Amaru cooked breakfast. "You got up early—making me think I didn't put it on you last night."

Amaru laughed. "Nah, you definitely did." He assured her. "Just got a lot on my mind."

"What's wrong?" Heather asked.

Amaru sighed as he turned down the bacon and potatoes before turning to Heather. "It's about Chance."

Heather furrowed her eyebrows. "What about Chance? I told you that you don't have to worry about adopting Micah. I understand what you were—"

"No, no. Not that, baby." Amaru said. "He got a plea deal. He's serving ten to fifteen."

"What? That's not enough!" Heather said.

"I know, baby—"

"He shot Arman and tried to kidnap my child, Amaru!" Heather cried. "How can they allow him to accept a plea deal?! That's not fair!"

Amaru wrapped his arms around Heather and began to comfort her. He knew she was scared and did not want Micah to relive the scenario again. It's his job to make sure they're safe once he gets out.

-
-
-
-
-