Chapter 4 - Tyrant

• Dedicated to Sonof Jay

Krey was lying down on the mud and dirt, his ears felt like it was bleeding badly, it hurts. He tried to rub it off fortunately there was no blood to be found, he was deaf for the moment though as the missile blast shook his ear drums. The rest of his body was urging with pain after falling off the bell tower. And then he remembered his companion Izzy.

"Iz?! " he yelled, his head look everywhere, left to right and vice versa. He later realized that the old man was old cold and lying in the ground. Vincent quickly tried to recover balance and stood up with a shaking feet.

"Hey, hey, hey!" he taps Izzy's face, he awakened for as for Vincent's relief.

"You alright?" as the aged man opened his eyes

"Just a minor concussion, no real harm done!" he tried to be persistent. He was assisted by Vincent to stand up from the ground and try to take cover as Peacekeeper patrols could be snooping about the blast zone and the tower.

"C'mon!" he offered his shoulders to Izzy and then took off somewhere safer.

Moments later they finally managed to lay low, atleast gave them a time to catch their breath. He lay Izzy down on a rock, and both of them were tired.

"We need to contact Glen and Sam!" said Krey

"Try this, hope it's not busted" he handed his ear phone radio comms. Krey tried tuning it but receiving nothing but static is all he can get. He kept on tuning the thing until he finally got some real output heard from it.

"That's it!" he rejoiced

"Sam? Glen? Glen, its Krey!" as the communication get a bit clearer.

"Krey? You're alive? What about Izzy?"

"Izzy and I are safe, where the hell are you guys?"

"We're hauled up on the old cathedral, and I think we're safe, atleast for now."

"Alright, now what are we going to do? Plans screwed..." Glen didn't respond for bit, the communication signals are getting a bit choppy.

Glen took a deep sigh on the radio

"Even the best laid plan doesn't seem to work anymore does it? Well, we're not going home empty handed. I want you two to check the goods while they're busy hunting us down on the cathedral, we should atleast know what's the deal's all about, probably rigged it to explode or something. When you're done, I've already mark an extraction point for you two. Imma gonna upload the trucks location and your extraction point on your radar. Good Luck..."

"Alright, what about you guys? Are you going to be ok?"

"Don't worry, the cathedral has a hidden catacombs used to evacuate civilians during the pre liberty era. Hopefully we could get around it."

"See you on other side Glen." As he turned the radio off.

He tried to rub off the dirt on his face.

"What's the plan?" asked Izzy

"We investigate the truck-" Vincent was jump down on his throat.

"What? I thought the situation is FUBAR? Glen is sending us to fetch this package?"

"Hey, I just follow damn orders. I don't like this as much as you do but right now we have the advantage this time. Those bastards think we are dead and there are good chances we could easily sneak around the trucks, just need to take a peak around the good and we'll bail out. Besides, they move the package elsewhere, somewhere much secluded."

"Didn't we had the advantage earlier! We've got jacked up by a helicopter remind you!"  And so Izzy continue to rant leaving Vincent to respond a sigh and then looks at him, looking bruised up and tired.