Chapter 3 - Ditch

2 days later, Samaire and Glen were already at the Kingfisher upward hangar, instructing their men early in the morning it was already a bee hive-busy day for everyone. Krey and Izzy, were going up from the armory to the Kingfisher hangar. People are already buzzing, readying for those birds to squawk.

"Are we good to go?" asked the old man while rubbing off his beard as he looks at them.

"Yeah, get in the bird." as Glen were referring to the Kingfisher. The massive machine of hawk was still stunning even now. Krey seen plenty of these back in the old days, they are use for supporting ground forces high above the battlefield they tend to be invisible both reality and virtually. These flagships could accommodate atleast 30 people and could atleast carry 2 to 4 Nomads or Aspekts.

They stepped into the aircraft, and even there, it was freaking massive, spacious to be exact.

"Get to your Aspekts everyone, Krey you're with me." Glen points to Krey. Sam and Izzy knew where to go, Sam split up to the other Aspekt aircraft bay within the Kingfisher. Krey, Izzy, and Glen had to be together atleast for now. In the loading bay, there was the Aspekt, infamous Peacekeeper gunship, armed with missiles and chain guns, Krey figures that they had stolen these buzzards from the goddamned authority itself.  And then there were people prepping themselves for the mission, loading up guns, equipping body armors and all. Krey however didn't wore any.

"You're not wearing yours?" asked Glen as both of them stares on the Kevlar.

"Nah, it's not good for maneuvering." Krey replied

"Not a fan of the military uniform I take it."

"You could say that..." he smiled

As everybody else geared up except for Krey, the Kingfisher was ready to go, hearing engine movements all over the place they knew they were already going airborne.

At one corner, Glen gathered everyone; 3 more men, a pilot, co pilot then plus Izzy and Krey as they were to be briefed for their assignments.

"Alright, everyone, our intel has located supply convoys meeting on a ghost town of Ditch. Word has it, the exchange has been too damned important that they had to set a rendezvous point on a dead location. Our job is to ambush the meeting then take what's in trucks, we don't know what's in there yet so we'd better take precaution, you know how fragile these Peacekeeper toys are. The plan is to take separate fire teams, I would be leading the first fire team along with Joe, Karl, and Marco. The second fire team will be lead by Samaire, and Izzy, I want you to take a sniper position with Krey we want a bird eye view on the meet, I bet the abandoned bell tower is your best bet. The two fire team will be dropping on different positions giving us flanking advantage." It was a vivid explanation for everyone, and everybody else know what to do, now they have to wait for time till they get there.

They was plenty of time to talk to anyone, Krey took this moment to get to know people starting with Izzy.

He looked for him until he saw him inspecting the Aspekt that they were about to ride.

"Busy?" Krey asked

"Just double checking everything, I can't trust everything the mechanic said. Like my old pa used to said: 'You wanna get something right, you have to do it yourself' too bad he's gone." Krey knew that his old man was history, well judging from his age, it would be a damn miracle if his father is still kicking. Krey wasn't there to sympathize to junior however.

"I see, so what do you think about this entire operation? Expecting bigger trouble than trying to jack a Peacekeeper convoy?" he asked once again.

"I'm always expecting bigger trouble, that's why I'm starting with this buzzard. For all we know it could be a waste of time and resources."