Chapter 2 - Settling In

The trip took longer than they expected, Vincent woke up at the transport chopper. He opened his eyes and saw his remaining rebel companions, Sam and Burns. They were looking at him as he sleeps. "Rise and shine, sleeping beauty" he heard Sam's voice, she taps his shoulders twice letting him know he should wake up. He grunts and complained. "Where the hell are we?" seeing a wider range of vegetations all round. The fresh scent of excavation from within refineries, Krey figured that the rebels manage to control this position. The bunker base was strategically concealed within the trees. Smoke fumes from the refinery however had to give them away, fortunately, Peacekeeper haven't seen much of this area of Tamahera.  

"Firebase HQ, one of the biggest rebel command centers that isn't compromised, yet." she also took her stand, he looked at him with a grim stare and probably hinting the statement as a threat and accusation.

He couldn't help himself to overhear the pilot extracting numbers to the base's ensign, he was requesting for landing protocols. As soon as he heard 'Access granted, you're clear to land A-1', the bunker's gates above opens up, it was an obvious secret base for rebel operations and landed on a vertical hangar, there are 3 or maybe 4 more bunkers down there, it really figures how rebels hide themselves.

As soon as the chopper lands, so did the 3 of them. They were surprised that Glen Jaxon himself is looking forward for their arrival, he was standing a bit far away from the landing pad. They can see him smiling. "I guess your vacation was cut short, didn't like the camp?" Glen asked with a witty respond for the 3 of them. "Nah, I loved it, though the Bow Monkeys didn't like it too much and decided to redecorate the camp with blood." said Sam while they were walking behind him. He gave them a chuckle, tried to ease of the tension for the 3 of them. "I heard that the Peacekeeper had to do something with the redecoration." He slide a witty banter for her statement. They were nearing the elevator at the front of the airpad stairs they just went down, they went inside and close the door screen door, it only sized for half body. "Indeed they had." said Sam.

The elevator goes down with aplenty of scenery of what's happening, it was damn chaotic, people running around, grabbing themselves some usable equipment and so on. Each floor of the underground bunker has different use of combat spaces. The first storey was suppose to be an armory of some sort, Krey could heard gunfires from he thought would be a shooting range, the second floor was much disturbing than the first one, he heard screams and plenty of medical quotations all around his head, it was easily distinguished as the rebels' med facility, mainly Krey didn't base on the environment, rather he smell mixed medicine, probably diorenting.

Along the way, the two would-be superiors, Sam and Glen were pretty much busy discussing about the war and their progress.

"What's the progress lately of our war efforts, has our allies been placing their units within the Metro boundary?" she asked Glen, as he took out his some sort of digital datapad, that provide further visual aids of what is happening.

"Peacekeepers are giving much way for us to the Metro, they've scattered plenty of forces within region of Inoa, Grimmsback, and Tychus. Our allies from those regions are taking much of a beating but they manage send reinforcements to the boundaries of the Metro, they're bringing their men slowly to keep things discreet from their end. We don't want to spook them as we prepare for the big push towards the Omnipolis." The datapad had its mark on various 2D planes representing various regions of Juno, there are plenty of colors and the oversaturation of the interface made Krey hard to understand though he did tried to peek in.

"At least, they're being careful." She doubtingly moves her face from the datapad Glen was showing.

"What of Osmund, have we heard from him yet?" she asked Glen of somewhat Krey suspects this guy must be the rebel big shot, commanding officer maybe.