Chapter 7: One Hell After Another Part 2

(Y/N) POV

The ship has been at the destroyed outpost for two hours since it docked. I've been watching them from the side of a cliff with my buggy and all my equipment, which was somehow miraculously intact. They kept unloading equipment, my guess is that they're trying to rebuild after it was destroyed. I'm surprised that they keep coming back here at all. Are they that determined to learn about the kaiju? They unloaded three turrets off the ship and placed them in different sections of the outpost. I can hear a humming sound of electricity coming from them as they are activated.

(Y/N): (ARE THESE FUCKING RAIL GUNS?!)

I notice a certain group among them that stood out from the rest that composes of five members each heavily armed. One of them was obviously the commander, but something was different about them. The leader was obviously female from the sound of her voice and her shape.

Monarch Commander: Alright, our mission is to run some recon in the surrounding area. We don't want this place to be destroyed again.

Monarch Soldier 1: Ma'am, is it wise that we searched for the one who called for help a few months back?

Monarch Commander: It's unknown if they're alive or not since they went dark after the incident. It'd be a miracle if they were still alive in this savage hell.

Monarch Soldier 2: Incident?! I highly doubt that after we took every precaution to avoid her. Queen of Hell is a better title.

Monarch Commander: There's no point in talking about it now. C'mon, we gotta move out.

They enter the jungle heading away from the closest thing they have to civilization. I can't just let them go, this place has things that would chew them up and spit them out. Then again, I can't just go up and introduce myself just like that. They'll probably think I'm feral or some weird shit. That commander of theirs is very...intriguing. I follow them from the shadows just in case something unpleasant comes along.

TIMESKIP

Monarch Commander POV

We've been traversing this island for three hours. It's 12:30 AM, with the sun high in the sky with its light shimmering along the waters of the island. It looks like a place where you can leave all the world's cares behind, but that's not true. I've been with Monarch long enough to know that I could die today, tomorrow, next week, who really knows.

Monarch Commander: Everyone, do you hear that?

I could've sworn that I heard tires moving. That same noise keeps popping up, but these idiots don't hear crap.

(Y/N) POV

I have to be more careful if I'm to keep watching out for them. All of them except their commander don't hear me. OH SHIT! One of them just got snatched by a skull crawler and they don't know. Time to make an entrance.

(Y/N): GET DOWN!

Monarch Commander POV

Someone yelled to get down with an explosion going off behind us followed by a loud screech of pain. The screech came from a skull crawler who still had the remains of one of my squad members inside its mouth. The skull crawler laid dead with burns all over its body with a limb or two gone. The mysterious figure came out of the trees revealing themselves. They had a grenade launcher in their hands with a few others on his person. His clothes were torn with scars on his body showing how much experience he has gained from living off this savage land. My attention was taken away from the scarred man by the cries of multiple skull crawlers being heard from a nearby cave.

(Y/N): HERE THEY COME!

He ran to his buggy that had a mounted machine gun on top.

(Y/N): WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! THERE'S TO MANY TO STAND AND FIGHT. COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE.