Chapter 3: A Beautiful World With A Beautiful Sky

(Y/N) POV

Night has fallen on Skull Island. The water is calm, the trees rustle gently enough to sleep to, animals go to the homes to sleep. I would see some birds fly into the trees to sleep or some bats dance in the sky. One thing that amazed me were the creatures that I'd probably find no where else in the world. I looked through my campfire to see the sleeping giants on the other side. They resembled some kind of water buffalo or yak. There were four of them with two being the smaller ones.

They were not as big as Anguirus, but they were bigger than any yak or buffalo and are still a forced to be reckoned with. I envy those strange yet magnificent creatures. Perhaps I could've... been like them. To my right was a small mountain where the roaring sound of a waterfall could be heard. Everything was fine and still on the island. The stars shined bright in the sky with the many colors one would see in the cosmos mixing and interacting with each other. The moon was full tonight as it's soft glow enveloped the island in a hug.

Something was happening with the waterfall. It became a bright blue like ocean water in the day near the beach. I could only make out a large creature with wings behind the water in some sort of cave with sounds of a soft singing voice being heard. I made my way towards the waterfall through the trees and hiking up the steep incline of a hill. A visible path revealed itself in the light allowing me to see where the singing was from. It wasn't eerie, but instead gave a feeling of safety and stillness. I was attracted to it like a moth to a flame.

That metaphor became ironic when the source of the singing turned out to be coming from Mothra. Here wings gently flapped with a blue aura in tune to her melody. I sat there wondering how such a beautiful creature could be made in such a world. It's just... I don't even have words.

LordAuthor259: Probably every guy who was asked about their crush? (*sigh*, but not me though) 

(Y/N): H-Hello?

The moth turned to me in surprise.

Mothra: I recognize you. What are you doing here?

(Y/N): I heard singing and I wanted to see who it was.

Mothra: Did you like it?

(Y/N): I was certainly surprised I'll tell you that.

The moth goddess looked pleased to hear this, but grew a worried expression afterwards.

Mothra: I'm surprised you're still alive. This place is beautiful, but can be treacherous and unforgiving.

(Y/N): Like her?

Mothra: Y-yes.

(Y/N): I have a question I want to ask you.

Mothra: So do I.

(Y/N)/Mothra: Why did you stop and stare instead of running/fighting?

I withdrew myself a bit with how similar yet identical our questions are.

(Y/N): I-I don't.

Mothra: You could've been killed if you weren't careful.

(Y/N): *laughs* Like I want to live anymore.

Mothra seemed shocked at this answer.

(Y/N): Some people wonder what descending in a downwards spiral is like and where it can take you to. It can be madness, hatred, or just nothingness. Sometimes it happens slowly over time, but it's most effective when your reality comes crashing down on you without a warning. Mountains crumble, the earth swallows everything, and escape is futile. That moment shows people who they really are. They could be a coward, a survivor, a true freak, or someone who doesn't care. At the end of the day, fire will consume everything and all they can do is watch everything burn.

All some people want to do is watch the world burn.

Mothra: Do you want to watch the world burn?

(Y/N): No and I hope I never. Do you think she does?

Mothra looks off into the distance where some mountains sit.

Godzilla POV

Why does he need to hide?~ I just want to make him mine. I....... I JUST WANT HIM. HE'S GONNA GIVE ME THAT D!CK ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH~

LordAuthor259: Every. Fucking. Time. I stray further from god.

Mothra: I don't know.

(Y/N): I don't know why I stopped and looked at you. You're just... an amazing being. You are like a savior we want, but I don't know if you're one we deserve. Maybe that's why I just stood there. I just hadn't been so close to something great like you.

Mothra: That's sweet.

(Y/N): Can you answer my question now?

Mothra:...W-well

She went quiet to think of what to say. Her face was hidden by her wings. Is she embarrased?

Mothra suddenly began to have to similar change like Anguirus. Now she is around my size, but she's taller just like Anguirus was. Can they all do this? Are they all taller than me when they try to become human size? She walked up to me with flustered puffed up cheeks like she's mad at me.

Mothra: Why must you be so adorable?

(Y/N): Uh... I don't know.

There was some static come from a small radio that I would use to listen to music in my pocket and it began playing. I loved this song for it positive message and truth about love.

Mothra: I like this song.

(Y/N): She liked it too. 

We began to dance to the song. Not caring about the trouble and worries of the world. This feels strange yet all too familiar at the same time. I believe we danced like this in the park when we went on our first date and when I proposed. I would do anything for her. She can show me the solvable problems. We could get through it and I would do the hardest part with her.

Well that ends today's chapter. Feel free to comment, leave a suggestion, or follow me on Wattpad and yes I like Steven Universe. I hope you are enjoying this story so far. Farewell, my subjects.