Chapter 24: I Am Become Death Part 1

Sea Empress POV

I arrived at the icy waters of Antarctica. It wasn't long before the surface became invisible because of ice. Doesn't matter, I need to keep pushing one. This place is darker than it was before. Then again, everywhere in the sea is darker now.

Even the darkness of the sea had a new darkness over it. I didn't stay below for long; it felt like something was watching me. It took little effort to break through the ice and feel the arctic winds. The sun barely peaked through the clouds, but it was enough for me to tell that it was day. I still can't shake off this feeling though, even with the advantage I have here. What could it be?

3rd Person POV

The Sea Empress couldn't figure out what was the problem in the arctic. Mothra said little besides to just head over there as fast as possible. One thing she knew for sure was that something was there with her and something not right. Looking into the hole she breached from to her felt like looking into an abyss. The abyss stares back. And the abyss boiled and turned crimson.

Ghidorah POV

This is ridiculous! The world's not just going to get corrupted but destroyed?! I should be the one to transform this planet! ME! It should be in my image! Though what the moth said... could it be true? How could I, Queen Ghidorah, be like her? I'm a Destroyer of Worlds, always have been, not light that's been twisted. Whatever, the only reason I'm doing this is for him. That moth better be right to have me stay here, but NO!, it will just feed this "Dark Gaia".

Kong: Hmm, you seem pretty upset. What's on your mind?

Ghidorah: What could you possibly want? Can't you see the world is ending?

Kong: I'm not eager to face this as much as everyone else.

Ghidorah: It's just not fair! Why does everyone else have something to do?!

Kong: You're mad that you can't help him, aren't you?

Ghidorah: I-it's just that... I SHOULD BE FIGHTING HIM NOT GODZILLA! I'm the one who pissed him off. I'm one of the few around who has any chance of doing anything to either of them.

Kong: At least you have a chance. How many of us do you believe have a chance at all besides you? Let me try to break it down for you. You, Surtur, Sea Empress, possibly Gigan, and that's it. Maybe Broodmother could do something with her children, but that's about it.

Thunderbeak's lightning can't do much against them. Mothra, Rodan, and Anguirus can't do much to improve. The only thing I have is my brains. It's kind of ironic, the same way humans got this far is the same way I try to catch up. I just make tools or pick up whatever I think can be a weapon.

Ghidorah: You... bring up some good points.

Kong: I know this colossal piece of stone embedded in this stick ain't going to do much, which is why I have this. *reveals new axe*

Ghidorah: WOAH! How did you make that?!

Kong: I needed something stronger and that could pierce through better than stone. Not only that, but Gigan helped me out with it a little. Says that it might do something about those beams you guys keep launching at each other.

3rd Person POV

Kong's new weapon will prove useful in battle. It's worthy of the 8th wonder of the world. They impressed the Golden Devil with her improvements. The conversation didn't last long when Ghidorah could feel someone coming. A sharpened crystal flew down from the air to Ghidorah until she turned around and blasted it into pieces with her gravity beam. Space Godzilla descended from the dark sky, fully healed from her previous injuries. Ghidorah whipped up a storm while Kong prepared to make use of her new weapon.

Ghidorah: I should've known you had regenerative abilities. You losers should know your place!

Kong: Ghidorah! Something isn't right! We can't mess around!

Space Godzilla: Hehehehehehehe..... HahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Gigan POV

Dammit all! Why did Mothra have to let her go alone?! Dark Gaia's trying to gather energy faster by releasing Space and Shin. It doesn't get any better from here, and I should know since I analyzed some samples of creatures affected by Dark Gaia's energy. The energy itself infects people and brings out all the negativity inside them. It even strengthens them beyond what they were before! There she is!

3rd Person POV

Gigan could see that the Sea Empress was trying to use her aquakinesis to form chains to restrict Shin. Freezing the water over the ice to at least keep her from moving. Shin fired her atomic breath from her dorsal plates, nearly knocking Gigan out of the sky and grazing Sea Empress. Gigan wasted no time using this opening to use the chainsaws she had to slice off Shin's tail and damage the back of her legs. Shin was losing too much blood and couldn't move with her crippled legs. Sea Empress used this opportunity to encase Shin in ice to at least keep her still, if just for a few moments. Gigan noticed Shin's tail was moving around on its own, wriggling like a disgusting red worm.

Her tail wasn't red and covered with holes before. Gigan noted this. It didn't take her long to realize what had happened. On the snowy horizon, humanoid giants approached with an army of smaller ones in tow. They were more skeletal in appearance, with long tails dragging from behind and a single eye like a cyclops. Gigan fired a laser from her visor, incinerating the tail completely.

Gigan: Empress, we need to go NOW!

Sea Empress: We can't just let her go.

Gigan: And we can't just sit here and let them tear us apart.

Sea Empress: W-we can't stop them.

Gigan: It's not like we have many options available.

Meanwhile, in Jerusalem...

Goshin: RAHH! I WILL PUT YOU DOWN ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Godzilla: C'mon then, try to satisfy me.~

Goshin: GRRR! I'M NOT FUCKING SCARED OF YOU!

That ends today's chapter. Comment, leave a suggestion, or follow me on Wattpad if you like what I write. Farewell, my subjects.