15.00

"UHM, PIERCINGS ARE attractive under certain circumstances, yes, why...?" I trail off, angling my body and squirming around my seat belt to get my arm as close to the backseat as possible. I wanted to hold off on eating our snacks, I really did. But after Luke heard my stomach growling in the kitchen, he gave me a bag of Doritos and while delicious, they were not very filling. Which meant that I was still hungry, and I was very much looking forward to sinking my teeth into the prawn sandwich he made me. Luke laughs at me, easily leaning back and securing the bag in his grasp before setting it down on my lap. I thank him, because if I had kept at my fruitless writhing, I probably would have dislocated my shoulder.

"Because there's a shop up ahead and I've always wanted to pierce my lip. I asked Calum once and he said that it would look bad. So I'm asking you." Luke says, looking at me intently with his electric blue eyes. I grow uncomfortable under his stare and I look away, focusing on the food in my grasp. To be honest, I didn't know why Luke had his license in the first place. He was always focusing on something else --usually me in the passenger seat, or maybe even screwing Kate in the backseat. His hands were never in the right position, he drove slightly intoxicated sometimes, had his music way too loud, ran red lights...they were all just major no's in the legal system.

Lucy had failed her test eleven times for crashing into cardboard pedestrians and after the eleventh trial, she gave up, saying that she 'didn't want a stupid fucking license that badly anyways'. I wonder if Luke drove so distractedly while he took the driver's test. Maybe his instructor was a girl who, like Kate, swooned over his eyes and his hair and his height and every dumb thing that made Luke....Luke.

Sophomore year we were all required to take Driver's Education, and I passed the written test in the fall without any complications. After that, I was supposed to take eight hour driving classes for a few months before taking the actual motor test, but I didn't see the point. There were too many restrictions for a permit, and we couldn't afford to buy a car anyways. Letting a permit or license or whatever I would have gotten rot at the bottom of my purse didn't make any sense, so I never bothered going through the trouble of getting one.

"I thought you were only 'kind of' friends with Calum, so you shouldn't listen to what he says anyways." I shrug, pulling the aluminum foil from my sandwich before ripping a piece off and plopping it into my mouth.

"Okay, but, do you personally think that I would good with a lip ring?" I narrow my eyes at him, a smirk spreading along my lips.

"Why do you care what I think?" I tease, smiling up at him. I still didn't know how to feel about this entire situation. Talking to Luke as if we were friends and having him trying to comfort me or knowing what was going on in my life. It was completely foreign to me, and I wasn't sure if our new found relationship --or arrangement, whatever-- was something I wanted to continue or not. The only thing I knew for certain was that I definitely still needed my scholarship, so for now, I would focus on that. On getting my submission back. He rolls his eyes at me, puffing out his cheeks in what seems like frustration.

"Cos' you're a girl?" He tries, attempting to radiate a nonchalant nature, but his response is not at all convincing. "I don't know, just tell me, damn it." I don't know if he actually had a reason or not for asking my opinion, but he switched the GPS off and had stopped in front of the joint tattoo and piercing place, so I figured he was serious. I scrutinize his features; observing each and every part of his face like I never have before.

I take in the wisps of his blonde hair, poking out from under his beanie, and the way they fan out across his forehead. His hair looks so soft, and I almost want to snatch the black cloth off of his head and ruffle his hair just to bother him. I stare at the arch of his eyebrows and the slope of his nose and how it's small and kind of boppable and if it weren't Luke, it might be cute. For some reason, his eyes --be it the lighting or nature or genetics or whatever-- look bluer than a ocean, and they're just so pretty. It's kind of like all other eye colors dull in comparison because he and Lucy are twins but I don't even remember her eyes being as vibrant as his are in this very moment. I don't remember any other pair of eyes being that vibrant.