8.00

"MAYBE IF WE WALK away really slowly she'll think she's dreaming," I whisper yell, eyes widening as Lucy materializes in front of us, rubbing at her eyes. She squints towards us trying to see if we're actually here. Maybe if she left the light off, we would have been able to escape.

     "That is so fucking stupid." Luke says, shaking his head and putting his hands up and looking at me like I am the dumbest person in the entire world. Maybe I am, choosing to come here of all places to get drunk. "Kendall was stumbling around outside and she ran into a tree."

     "Okay..." Lucy says slowly, arching a blonde brow in my direction. "But why is she up here?" She mumbles, yawning and stretching her arms behind her back.

     "I ran into the tree, then I fell and... hurt my foot and Luke helped me up and now I'm leaving." Lucy just blinks at me, trying to make sense of the situation. "This is a dream, you're dreaming." I try, whispering and waving my hands slowly towards her face.

     "Why am I dreaming about you and my brother?"

     "Right but like this is only a dream and dreams are unpredictable we're not actually here we're going to visit old people," I say, slowly inching down the staircase.

     "Oh my God," Luke sighs in exasperation, rubbing into his temples. "She wants to visit an old age home and I'm driving her, okay?"

     "Oookay. As if you would ever drive anyone anywhere or spend your spare time with the elderly. Goodnight weirdos." Lucy gives a dramatic salute and turns around on her heel, retreating to her bedroom.

     "Dream, dream, dream." I chant just as she shuts the door and the lights go dark. 

     "That's not going to work," Luke rolls his eyes, wrapping his fingers around my wrist and guiding me down the stairs in the dark.

     "Yes, it will." I growl, pulling my arm away from his grasp. "Can we take one of the old people home, Luke? They're so cute."

     "Sure," He mumbles, biting his lip and twisting his car keys around and around his finger. Right now, the giddy feeling that I had feels slightly more like a dizzy feeling, and I want to grab onto something to keep me steady but the closest thing is Luke and that is not happening. "Isn't your mum going to be worried?" Luke whispers, pressing a button on his keys that makes the car click it's doors open and the headlights shine on. I ignore him and burrow deeper into the sweatshirt he has provided me with, enjoying the warmth it offers as I jog down the stairs outside and to his car. "Wait- if someone comes outside and sees my car gone they'll know I'm not home." Luke trails off slowly, frowning and teetering on his toes.

    "So?" I deadpan, not understanding where he's going with this.

     "So, I don't really feel like getting my ass kicked tonight, Cohen. You know how my mum is," 

     "Oh my God, are you actually scared of your mom?" I giggle, a swipe of red spreading out along Luke's cheeks. 

    "Of course I'm not scared- stop fucking laughing!" Luke purses his lips and scoffs, opening the passenger side door for me to climb into. "Let's just go already, old people have a bed time and I'm beginning to think you should have one too, you're like a five year old when you're drunk." 

    "Ha ha," I reply dryly, heaving my body up into his jeep and huffing when my stomach smacks against the seat. I shimmy the rest of the way through until I'm finally inside and Luke shuts the door. Either I need to grow a few inches, or his car needs to be closer to the ground. I breathe out impatiently, the air sending tendrils of my hair every which way. He was taking forever.