Chapter Six

Harry’s POV

The party for my son went well. We all partied hard without drugs or alcohol since it is a party for two 15-year-olds. In my opinion, I had a great time, but Emmett had to leave early for an appointment. Usually I wouldn’t be so attached to someone, but now, I just feel so, drawn to him. Like I need to be with him at all times.

It might be from the loss I had 15 years ago. Having to watch the guy I love be with that woman. Of course, I never really hated her that much, but it made me upset that she got the most perfect man on the world and she didn’t even see it. I still look at Louis the same way I did 15 years ago, but now I’m starting to move on. I have Emmett.

I sit in my lonely house thinking about how I will spend my final years with Emmett. Larry seems to really like him, as well as Ellie. Ellie is a major factor for this, she’s Larry’s half-sister, and she needs to like my boyfriend.

I pull out my phone and call Larry. He left from the party early with Jay. They wanted to have some time by themselves, which I don’t get what they mean by it. My phone hums the faint rings until he picks up.

“Hello?” Larry says, his voice cracking.

“Someone’s going through puberty! Aww! Anyways I was just calling to ask when you’re coming home,” I say smirking at my first comments. I can feel his eyes roll at me.

“Maybe tomorrow morning or late tonight. I’m waiting for Jay to get ready so we can go on a date,” he replied trying not to let his voice crack again.

I chuckle and say, “Alright. Have fun, but not too much. If for any reason you do...I put condoms in your wallet.”

“EW DAD!” He screams before hanging up the phone.

I laugh out loud making my quiet home not so quiet anymore. I stop after a few moments. No one is in my home, I’m all alone on a Saturday night, and my boyfriend is gone to a late appointment. Yup, I have no life. My phone buzzes causing me to jump in the air. I pull it out and read the text sent from Louis.

Come ovr bring emmett - Louis

I look at the message oddly. Usually Louis would sign his texts with “Boobear xx” or “Lou:Dx”. I would understand why he’s giving me the cold shoulder, mostly because we had a fight about Larry before the party but usually this would have blown over. We always fight about Larry, wanting the best for him, and he usually wins. He got Larry for most of the time even when he was never being a father to him and it was always me.

*flashback*

“Harry, can I talk to you for bit,” Louis says pulling me away from the kitchen. I nod and walk with him to the back room.

I stand awkwardly with him for a few minutes until he finally tells me what he wants to talk about. I don’t usually get nervous, but right now I am. I have no idea what he would want to possibly talk about. He already has Larry living with him most of the time. He already gets to see him whenever he wants whereas I have to ask for permission for MY son to stay home with me.

“What do you want Lou. I have to get back and finish icing the cake,” I say impatiently.

He rolls his eyes, “I don’t care. I don’t want Emmett around Ellie or Larry. He’s bad news, you’re just too blind to see it.” he says trying to look intimidating.

I scoff at him, “You know what Louis. I let you win all those other fights. I let you win over the fact that Larry is going to live with you, I let you win over the fact that you can see him whenever you want, but I’m not gonna let you win this one. Emmett is my boyfriend and I want Larry to get a chance to get to know him. Emmett is not a bad guy.” I yell.

I run out the back room and back to the kitchen.

*end of flashback*

I shrug and hope he isn’t going to start another fight with me. I text Emmett to come if he can.  I start my walk to Louis’ house once Emmett replies saying he’ll be there in 10 minutes. I open the door to Louis’ home. He paces back and forth looking like he just woke up. I furrow my eyebrows and close the door behind me.

A small figure at the bottom of the steps stares at me with Louis’ blue eyes. Evan. I smile at him and motion for him to come close to me. He stands up, careful not to hurt his knees. I see all the bruises on him making it look like he got hit by a truck.

“What’s wrong with your dad?” I ask glancing up at Louis mumbling and rubbing his hair.

“He’s trying to find a letter. I don’t know what he’s talking about though,” Evan whispers before walking to the couch.

I shake my head a Lou. The knocking sound of the door comes before I can comfort my once lover, making me believe fate doesn’t want us together. I open the door instantly perking up at Emmett’s hazel eyes. He smiles at me and walks in. Evan’s eyes bore into us. I shove Emmett to the kitchen to calm Louis down and turn my attention towards Evan.

“What’s wrong Evan?” I ask sitting down on the family couch.

“W-w-what is h-he doing here?” he stutters. I furrow my eyebrows as he rushes away to his room not looking back at me.

I shake my head thinking he’s just Louis’ kid. I walk to the kitchen expecting to find Louis the same way I saw him before, but he’s not. He’s standing by the counter just glaring at Emmett. Emmett looks at me with pleading eyes.

“Louis, calm yourself. What’s wrong?” I say breaking the tense silence.

“This bitch, he’s with them. He’s with Nat and River! He’s part of them!” Louis screams out. I feel my heart hurt a bit, but at the same time I don’t know if I believe them. “I have proof! I know that look Harry you’re doubting me!” he yells once again shuffling through papers.

I walk over to Emmett with wandering eyes. He starts to frantically sign to me that he has no idea what Louis is talking about.

“I swear babe. I have no idea what the fuck Louis is talking about. He’s just crazy!” he signs to me. I gulp and look at Louis, deciding whether or not I should trust him or not. I bite my lip as he hits the counter.

“Damn it! I can’t find it! I swear to God, Haz! Nat and River sent me a letter saying that Emmett was with them!” Louis begs.

I shake my head at his patheticness. I don’t bother saying a word as I don’t have anything to say to a liar. I grab a hold of Emmett’s hand and walk back to my flat. I don’t have time for his lies. I need to focus on taking care of my son with the limit of time I have with him.

----

[A/N] Yeah...I know it kind of sucks. I’LL TRY TO UPLOAD AGAIN! I’m working on the chapter right now! and LITTLE THINGS IS OUT. I’M BAWLING. IT IS BEAUTIFUL!