Chapter Thirteen

Harry’s POV

“Daddy!” I hear their screams. I run upstairs not thinking twice on what could happen to me. I’m only thinking about Brent and Trent’s safety right now. I hear Louis steps behind me, but I have to ignore them. Focusing on something will only make me run slower. I push open the twins’ door, trying to stay positive that it could be something else they screamed from.

I look around the room. Their window is broken and glass is shattered everywhere. I hear soft sobbing from the closet. I hear Louis behind me, out of breath, but still able to gasp at the sight in front of us. I start walk on the broken glass, trying not to wince at the glass digging into the skin of my feet. I feel the blood start flowing out of my foot, but I couldn’t care less. I need my kids to be safe.

I open the door of the closet. Brent and Trent are holding each other, not to sure what to expect. I bend down trying to ignore the pain in my feet. Their faces have cuts all over and their arms are bleeding. Their knees and palms are scratched up from crawling to safety. Trent is the first to open his eyes. Tears spring out and he launched towards me with his brother. They both clutch onto me for dear life. I can already feel the blood staining my shirt. I hold onto them tightly, not wanting to let go of them.

“Harry, the police and ambulance are coming. We need to get you and boys to the living room.” Louis soothes in my ear. I merely shake my head, closing my eyes tight wanting this to all be a dream.

I want everything to be a dream. I want to be 16 again, singing for a passion. I want to wake up and think this all a dream, that this never happened. I wish that everything would just stop and rewind. If Louis and I didn’t have sex back then, none of this would happen. Larry wouldn’t have been born, our lives wouldn’t have been in danger, and everyone would be safe. Stella, Eleanor, and Ben would be alive right now. Jay wouldn’t be pregnant with Larry’s kid, and maybe Brent and Trent would be in a better home. Ellie and Evan would have actually grown up together and Louis would have more kids with Eleanor.

I regret everything that is happening. Why couldn’t I just stuck to singing? Why couldn’t I just be straight and not like Louis? Why couldn’t I just listen to my mum when she said not to have sex before marriage? Is this my punishment? By punishing everyone around me? By making my loved ones suffer my consequences? I feel my tears start falling down my cheeks. Here I am, crying for Stella, Eleanor, and Ben; crying for the end to happen. I’m crying for putting everyone in a bad position. I’m crying because I can’t help anyone. I’m crying because nothing will ever be the same. My whole life is a fucked up mess, and I’m endangering everyone because of the stupid mistakes I made.

My whole trance gets broken by the boys in my arms whimpering slightly. I feel their arms being ripped from my body causing me to open my eyes wide to see what is happening. Paramedics are all around. They have Brent and Trent in their arms taking them out of the room. My paternal instincts kick and I try to jump up to get them back.

“No! Where are they taking them?” I screech. The paramedics hold me down into the closet. They tell me to call down before I pass out. How the hell am I going to call down when my kids are being taken away to the hospital and I’m not by their side? I struggle against their grips, trying to break free so I can hold my whimpering kids.

My thoughts are broken when I hear the sound of breaking glass again. I feel my skin get attacked by the shards, digging their way into the side of my face. Everyone screams loudly. Gunshots are heard outside the window, followed by high pitched screeches, then everyone turns into an eerie silence. I shake my head trying not to think about the worse. It couldn’t have been my kids could it? My ears start to ring and everything because fuzzy. I keep shaking my head in denial. This can’t be happening. “This can’t be happening!” I scream at the top of my lungs. My whole world begins to crumble.

Commands are being shouted. I feel a slight pinch in my arm. I let out a scream then my whole body turns numb. I close my eyes to feel the relaxing effects of the pinch. I feel my breathing calm down. My mind begins to shut down. “You’ll be alright Harry. You’ll be alright.”

Evan’s POV

I jump up from my bed. The pain starts to engulf me. What did they do to Brent and Trent? I look down at my skin. The cuts are starting to form. I move slowly out of the bed and walk to the bathroom. My face is filled with cuts. Glass. This is all done by glass. My needs start to feel weak. This isn’t good, not good at all. I start screaming in pain. My arm begins to feel numb with blood pouring out of the left elbow.

I clamp my right hand down on the elbow. This can’t be happening. They’re doing this on purpose. I feel their smirks on their faces already. The door opens to Niall’s son Beau. Is this God’s way of saying that I’m going to Hell? Letting a two year old boy watch me suffer and possibly watch my own death? Beau lets out a an ear piercing screech. I can already hear the lights in the whole house click on. I fall down to the tiled floor and bang my head against it. Why is this happening?

“Oh my God! Evan!” I hear Niall shout. I let the tears fall down my eyes. I don’t care for Nat. I don’t care for Emmett. I don’t care for River. My body starts to release a few pains. My lungs feel relieved from the smoking Nat does all the time. My fingers start to feel better from the arthritis pain River has. Emmett’s pain relieves me the most. His drug usage hurt my body whenever he did it. At first it started as a joke, but it grew to be much more. He got addicted, and soon my body was wanting more and more.

“Evan stay awake buddy! Please stay awake,” I hear Niall whimper. I can already see my future. I”m going to die, just like Stella, just like Ben. I’m going to die like my mum did. This was my fate wasn’t it? I know everyone is meant to die, but was I really meant to die this early? I feel my body being lifted onto something. My elbow bumps the thing I was put on now, I scream in pain once again.

In my mind, I can see Nat smirking. I can see him smoking his cigarette,  blowing small puffs into the air. I scrunch my eyes thinking about it. I want to scream. I want someone to take this all away from me, like I’m doing for Brent and Trent. My whole life was a disaster to begin with. The lies have really shown that it has become too much. I’m sorry.

“No! Evan!”

---

[A/N] SOME SERIOUS SHIT IS HAPPENING GUYS. HOPE Y’ALL LIKED THIS UPDATE.