Chapter Fourteen

Louis’ POV

I saw everything from the window. It was filled with so much horror; I can’t believe someone would be so vile as to do that to two small children. They're so young; practically have their whole lives in front of them. Right now, as I sit in this hospital room once more, I pray that River and Emmett die from their bullet wombs. Nothing would make me happier than to see them die cold and painful.

Why you may ask? They hurt Brent and Trent; they hurt my family. How is a father supposed to make sure his family is safe when there is danger around every corner? Harry means so much to me; I can't even process what would happen if Harry was to fall into another deep depression like he did 8 years ago. If he were to fall into that dark, deep hole, I know he wouldn’t be coming out this time. He won’t be victorious in his fight.

I hear shouts coming from the other side of the emergency room. They’re screaming out commands that I can’t decipher. I’m able to pick out some words like blood, surgery, and how. It scared me that someone’s life is at risk. As they rush past me to the elevator, I see a familiar head of dirty blond hair. I crinkle my eyebrows together and try to make myself not think that it’s Evan. I stare a little bit before the doors close. There are gashes on the boy’s elbow and knee cap, bruises align his body, and evidence of glass on his bare feet is noticeable.

The doors close and I instantly feel a wave of pain hit me. I turn my head and I see Niall covered in blood crying his eyes out. My instincts kick in when I realize the small boy was actually my son. I jump up and run over to Niall who tugs onto his messy blonde hair that now is stained with blood as well.

“Niall! What happened? Was that Evan?” I immediately scream. Niall’s sobs are being choked back and he simply nods at the last question I screamed at him. My knees begin to feel weak and I fall down to the ground.

There are now four people who I love who are in danger, and are suffering. This isn’t what life was supposed to be. We were supposed to be healing now, not suffering again. This wasn’t supposed to happen, life wasn’t supposed to turn out like this. This isn’t how things were supposed to go. I was supposed to be a big star and once my stardom was gone, I was supposed to retire in peace. I was supposed to retire in peace with Harry by my side and maybe a few kids.

I wasn’t supposed to be pregnant with a child at age 18. I wasn’t supposed to give my child up to an adoption agency that was pure shit. Harry and I weren’t supposed to break up. Larry wasn’t supposed to get leukemia; he wasn’t supposed to get his best friend pregnant. None of this was supposed to happen.

I let out a blood curling scream and sob into the ground. My son could possibly die, my ex-lover could have a mental break down any minute, and my family could fall apart. Was this all really worth it? Niall, Liam, Zayn and their families don’t have to suffer through this, they didn’t do anything wrong to deserve this.

I felt arms wrap themselves around me and pull me into their chest. I can smell blood on their shirt, so it must be Niall. I grab onto his shirt and scream my head off. I don’t think I’ve ever screamed so much in my life. I feel Niall start to carry me into a different room. I don’t bother looking around since I know it has to be a hospital room. I’m placed onto a firm mattress bed. The covers are white, but now are stained with splotches of blood. Evan’s blood. I shake my head and bury my head into the horrible smelling pillow.

I hear people talking, even though to me it has no relevance. I just want my life to be okay. I just want the people I care about to be okay. I want everything that is wrong to be okay. I take in deep breaths of the sterile pillow and feel my mind slip off.

Larry’s POV

You know how people say to appreciate your life and that it’s worth living? I really can’t say that’s true for me. I’ve never had suicidal thoughts before, but now I have. I’ve always saw that life was worth living, even during the time I was sick with leukemia. I never thought I would cry like this, suffer like this, or even feel like this. This is my fault. I shouldn’t have screamed my name that day at Harry. I should have screamed and ran away from Harry that day.