Accidentally in Love {Epilogue}

Author's Note:  This is it, this is really the end :').  If you want to read my sappy note thanking you guys, check out last chapter's note.  Just thank you so so so much, you don't even understand how appreciative I am.  I will eventually upload a playlist for the story when I get around to it, but the story will be marked finished as soon as this goes up.  Also, just because the story's over doesn't mean I don't want to hear from you anymore.  Your comments  The reason I'm uploading the last few chaps so fast is because I want to qualify for the Wattys and if you stop interacting, this will be pointless.  Your activity keeps it's ranking, so please don't stop <3.  Also, I'll be uploading a new story soon!  Anyways, I love this part of the story, so read on.  Love you all!

-Jessie xx

* * *

Epilogue

Marygrace sat up straight against the back of the couch, underneath a pink fluffy throw blanket.  She shared it with her mother who was leaning back against the cushion with her eyes on the television.  Performers on New York City’s Annual Rockin’ Eve sang, danced, and counted down to the new year.  At the moment, Shakira was performing a brand new song.  Marygrace looked down at her cell phone, bored by the performance.  The glow of the Christmas tree created a slight glare on the screen.  Her father was on a business trip, so it was just the two of them in a quiet, empty house.  

The past few weeks were lonely for her.  She hadn’t seen Niall for three weeks, aside from their Skype dates on Sundays.  The distance wasn’t the only bother; the time difference got in the way as well.  

The highlight of the past few weeks was probably when they’d Skyped on Christmas Eve.  Niall had texted Marygrace asking for her address, to which he promptly sent a small package marked “Do Not Open.”  They’d began talking at about 10:30, but Niall had forced her to stay up until it was midnight in New York.  He had told her to open the box and she’d soon discovered it’s contents.  She’d gasped as she picked up the glimmering new silver necklace by it’s thin chain.  A locket had dangled from it, but instead of being shaped as a heart, the image of a compass had been engraved into the front.  On the back of the locket it said “NH+MG.”

“Open it up,” he’d said, just as excited as she was.  Inside were two photos.  The first was the picture they’d taken in front of the Christmas tree while the other was the one Niall had tweeted, the whipped cream fight.

“I love it so much Niall!” she’d squealed, undoing the clasp as fast as possible.  The necklace draped down her neck falling perfectly.  

“No matter how far apart we are, I’m always thinking about you,” he’d said, making Marygrace’s heart leap with joy.  Now, as she sat on the couch in the dark room, she brought her hand to her chest, stroking the locket between her pointer finger and thumb as the memory came back to her.  She felt over the letters inscribed on the back of the locket as she thought about where Niall was at that very minute.  Was he at a party with the boys or sitting home with his family?  She hadn’t thought to ask, but either way, he still wasn’t with her.  How are you babe? she typed, hitting send.  

Only 10 minutes remained until a new year would be celebrated on the East Coast, a clean slate.  Toasts would be made, noisemakers sounded, and lips kissed while she was sitting home on her couch.  She stared at the television, watching the performances as the minutes ticked down.  Her phone beeped.  Missing you, it’s already the New Year in the UK.  What are you up to?  She practically read the message in his voice, smiling to herself at the thought.  8 minutes.  Ryan Seacrest came onscreen to interview various celebrities regarding their new year’s resolutions.  It was really just a filler until the ball would drop.  2 minutes.  

Both Marygrace and her mother jumped at the sudden sound of the doorbell.  The Gabriel residence rarely had visitors and truth be told, they were both a bit nervous as to who it would be.  Who would ever ring their doorbell on New Years Eve two minutes before the ball dropped?   Mrs. Gabriel got up to answer the door, ready for any situation that might greet the two.  She opened the door, the freezing air entering the house.  Without saying a word, she smiled at the visitor, whom Marygrace couldn’t see from the couch.  

“It’s for you, honey!” Mrs. Gabriel said in a singsongy voice, smiling ear to ear.  Marygrace was confused as she stood up from the couch in her baggy sweatshirt and sweatpants, leaving the cozy blanket behind.  Her heart skipped a beat as she sleepily rounded the corner, locking eyes with the blonde casually leaning casually against the doorframe.  A sly smile crossed his face.  Mrs. Gabriel went back to the couch, offering the two some privacy.  Marygrace stepped outside into the biting air, bringing back thoughts of their first date, when Niall had let her borrow his hat.  The tips of her ears turned red in the frosty wind.  Niall looked up, Marygrace’s eyes following his to the mistletoe that the Gabriels hadn’t taken down yet.  He lifted an eyebrow, silently communicating with her.

The promise of tomorrow hung in the air.  They heard the cheers coming from the television as the famous New Years Ever ball dropped in Times Square.  Niall spoke the first words since he’d arrived on her doorstep.

“So, how ‘bout that kiss?”

-The End-