Accidentally in Love {Chapter 28}

Author's Note: Tiny bit of drama in this chap ;)  Also as usual, thanks so much for the comments!  This time the goal is at least 8 comments (because my birthday is monday, octobr 8th! :) )  Anyways, let me know whatcha think!

xx

* * *

Niall and MaryGrace continued through the shortcut hand in hand.  The snow had picked up a bit, painting the night sky.  Some people had stared at them after their passionate kiss, but it didn’t bother either one of them one bit.  Niall could care less about what other people thought of them and MaryGrace was just elated.  

“So what did you have planned for back at the hotel?” MaryGrace wondered aloud as her eyes scanned the trees admiring the holiday decorations.  

“I figured we’d just hang out in the hotel room since it’s too cold to be outside, maybe watch a movie on the couch or something,” he said trailing off.

“Sounds good to me!” MaryGrace said excitedly.  She was so happy to be with him, it didn’t matter what thy were going to do, she’d be happy.  MaryGrace felt her phone start vibrating in her pocket and figured she’d just ignore whatever text messages she was getting, knowing it wasn’t her parents.  They knew when she’d be home and promised not to bother her during their date.  The phone continued buzzing repeatedly to the point where it couldn’t be ignored anymore.  

“My phone has been buzzing repeatedly for two minutes straight!” she told Niall while fishing it out of her jacket pocket.  Reading the screen, she realized that she had over 50 text messages from all different people.  Her eyebrows furrowed as she opened her text messages to read what was going on.  

“Is everything okay?” Niall said concerned.  Her heart skipped a beat, scared that there might be an emergency.  She scrolled down to the bottom of her text messages as quickly as possible and opened them one by one.  Each one was a variation of the previous message.

Is that you on Perez Hilton’s website? 

Are you keeping something from me? ;)

There’s a girl who looks just like you all over the Internet...?

Holy Schiz!  Are you dating Niall HORAN and you didn’t tell me?!!!

Idk if I’m crazy, but there’s a picture of a girl who looks EXACTLY like you kissing Niall freaking HORAN.  Explain!

“Uh oh,” she muttered looking up at Niall as her face drooped into a worried frown.  

“What?!” Niall exclaimed, now startled by what she had said.  He went through a million different scenarios in his head, expecting the worst, but he never considered this.  MaryGrace handed him the phone without saying a word.  Niall scrolled through the messages, his frown becoming more evident after each one.  “Shoot,” Niall said angrily, trying to refrain from cursing in front of her.  His eyebrows arched angrily.  One of her friends had actually sent her the link to the article, so she opened it.  They both huddled over the phone, patiently waiting for the article to load as the tension grew.  The page buffered, as the blog article loaded from top to bottom.  The first thing to come up was the gigantic title: ONE DIRECTION’S NIALL HORAN HIDING MYSTERY GIRL FROM FANS?!  

The pictures were the next thing to come up, full color clear pictures of them exiting the restaurant, walking down the street, holding hands, and even one of them practically on top of each other as they kissed in the park.  

The messages on MaryGrace’s phone just kept coming.  Even her mother had sent her a text message.  Just seen you on the news MaryGrace.  Everything alright? xoxo.

Well that’s embarrassing,” MaryGrace muttered as her cheeks flushed with humiliation.  Niall actually laughed, breaking a bit of the tension that the article had caused. Perez Hilton had posted the article so quickly, Niall was baffled.  He couldn’t bring himself to read the article for fear of what the big-mouthed Perez had written this time.  He’d written several harsh articles about the band in the past, wreaking havoc on twitter.  Once he’d even caused Zayn to disable his twitter for a few days.  The picture of them kissing was only taken less than ten minutes ago.  He silently thought about the evening trying to think if he’d seen any paparazzi at all.

“Shoot!” he said again, remembering the flash he thought he’d imagined when they were kissing.  “I thought I saw a camera flash!” he said, beating himself up about not having taken it more seriously.

“It’s not your fault babe,” she said placing a hand on his arm in a effort to comfort him.  He felt a little better when she said that, but was still angry.  He hastily turned around, scanning the path behind them for paparazzi.  He was confused at first, not seeing a single pap on the path behind them, but his eyes caught sight of the trees lining the walkway.  Behind one of them, he spotted a man dressed in a black turtleneck and dark wash jeans with an extremely large elaborate camera secured to a thick black strap hanging from his neck.  As soon as Niall realized that the pap had probably been following them all night, he continued searching the trees to make sure that no one else had been following them.  To his dismay, he noticed about five or six other hidden paparazzi.  Grabbing MaryGrace’s hand, he picked up their pace, walking a bit faster then they had been.

“They’re following us,” he whispered under his breath.  MaryGrace looked a bit alarmed.

“What do we do?” she said with concern.

“Well, I guess we’ll just walk a bit faster and take the back entrance into the hotel.” he said quickly planning out the course of action.  “If the fans in front of the hotel have seen the article and we pass them, you have no idea what kind of rumors will start.”  It didn’t really bother Niall that the fans knew about them.  What annoyed him was that the paparazzi had been secretly following them, were already making up rumors, and were just plain intrusive.

“Okay,” MaryGrace said, taking in what he’d said.  “Will you be in trouble with your managers?” she said, hoping for the best.  She didn’t want Niall to have to go through any trouble at her hand.

“Probably,” he said disappointedly.  “I’m not supposed to go out without security, so they’ll probably want to follow us everywhere now,” he said with a moan.  He became silent for a moment, deep in thought.  “But you know what?” he said to MaryGrace.  She looked at him searching for a clue as to what he was about to say.  His eyes were slightly glassy, as he wasn’t focused on anything.  He shifted his line of vision, staring MaryGrace right in the eye, stopping in his tracks, turning to face her, grabbing hold of both of her hands.  He opened his mouth to speak , completely sure of his words.  “I don’t care.  I’m happy as long as we’re together.  If I had a do-over, I wouldn’t change a thing.”

* * *