Accidentally in Love {Chapter 12}

Author's Note: Dedicated to AstheWindBlows for the lovely banner!  Thanks so much :) x  If anyone else wants to make me a banner, I'll dedicate a chapter to you!  Thanks again!  Please leave comments saying what you think of the story so far and the banner, they make me smile :D

* * *

“I think I’m kind of getting the hang of this now,” Niall said laughing.  He still held onto the wall with his free hand.  They’d skated around the rink about ten times now.

“Are you kidding me?  You’re still hanging on for dear life!” Marygrace teased him with a smile.  She couldn’t wipe the smile off her face since they’d kissed.  She couldn’t suppress the giddy lightheaded feeling that she got from kissing him.  Of course she’d kissed a guy before, but never like that.  When she’d kissed Brendan over the summer, she never felt the magic, but with Niall everything felt perfect.

“I can let go whenever I want to,” Niall joked.  He took his hand off the wall for a few seconds to prove a point, but almost stumbled on his skates.  He grabbed back on quickly, regained his balance, and laughed.  “I guess not.” he confessed.

They skated in silence absorbing the perfection of the moment.  Niall felt giddy around her, too.  He was out of the spotlight and could just be himself.  There were no cameras or fans, just him and her.  He couldn’t help, but enjoy the night.

His train of thought was interrupted when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.  He didn’t want to be rude and take it out, but he worried that it could’ve been Liam.  

“Do you mind if I check my phone a minute?” Niall asked.  “Liam’s the only who knows that I’m out.”  He worried that she’d get upset.

“Go ahead!  I don’t mind at all.” Marygrace said without a hint of disappointment in her voice.  She didn’t want him getting in trouble.  Nothing would ruin her night.  

Niall smiled a thank you before fishing out his Blackberry.  He and Marygrace continued to skate while Niall held on to the wall with one hand and used the other to hold his Blackberry.  They had slowed down a bit so that Niall wouldn’t fall.  Liam had texted him.  Everything okay? the message read.  Niall quickly typed out yup, ice skating.  does paul know i’m gone? and sent the message.  Liam texted back almost immediately I told him that you fell asleep in your room.  If he asks again I’m telling him that you went to the bar to get a drink.  Text me if you need anything later.  Niall felt relieved and texted back a quick thanks!  Liam had done a great job covering for him.  Paul would never bother Niall at the hotel bar or if he was sleeping.  

Niall placed his phone back in his pocket and his hand was soon around Marygrace’s.  

“Was everything okay?” she questioned him sounding a little worried.

“Yup!  Liam was just checking to make sure nothing’s wrong.” Niall explained.

“And what did you say?” she teased while winking at Niall.

“That everything’s perfect,” he said stopping on his skates and turning towards her.  He pressed his lips to hers for the third time that night.  He couldn’t get enough of her soft hair, her twinkling eyes, the way she smiled at him, the smell of her skin.  Everything about her made him feel like they were meant to be together.  They kissed more passionately this time.  Niall wrapped his hands around her waist pulling her closer.  Her hands twisted together behind his neck again.  They were so absorbed in each other that they both forgot where they were.  When Niall finally remembered that they were in public he slowly pulled back from the kiss.  Marygrace looked at him with admiration in her eyes.  “Absolutely perfect,” he whispered, planting one last kiss on the tip of her nose and smiling down at her.

* * *