Chapter 9: Resurgance

S/N's perspective

Bloodied Intent: "So you show yourself, heretic."

The Corvette said as we glared at each other.

S/N: "Yeah, I do. This fight is between us, not these sirens or Azur lane. Just you and me."

The ship-elite growls a bit before taking a glance at one of the sirens holding the head of the one I blew up, which was trying to yell but was silenced by the one holding it.

Bloodied Intent: "Leave us."

He said in a low tone, the siren not taking too kindly to being ordered around.

Observer: "That was not what 'she' had said to do."

Bloodied Intent: "And as I said before, if you get in my way, you will fall along with them."

The siren glares at him before making a gesture with her hand as portals open behind the siren mass-produced ships. What remaining operational ships moved back into them. Slowly disappearing before all that remained were the burning hulls of those destroyed, slowly consumed by the ocean.

Observer: "We will be talking about this on your return."

Bloodied Intent growls again as the siren ship-girl retreated. The members of Azur lane got ready to fight again; I looked back and shook my head.

S/N: "Girls, get these ships back to the base. You can't help me here."

Belfast: "No, S/N, we can't just leave you."

S/N: "Belfast, please."

I looked down at her with a pleading expression. Her face softened up a bit as she sighed and turned to the others.

Belfast: "Let's go."

Javelin: "Wait, we can't be leaving him!"

S/N: "I'll be fine. Just get yourselves safe."

I said before turning back to face the Elite ship, priming my MAC for another shot in the process. Only the sound of the lapping waves below and the hum of ion engines remained as we began to circle each other.

Bloodied Intent: "Sending your friends away. How gutless."

S/N: "Oh? I thought your kind was all about honor."

Bloodied Intent: "I am, but there's no honor in suicide."

S/N: "Last I checked, this ended last time with a hole in your side."

Bloodied Intent: "True, but it ended with the death of your friends."

Anger swelled from within, my knuckles turning white as I leveled my MAC at his head.

Bloodied Intent: "Did I strike a nerve?"

S/N: "Maybe, but it will not cloud my judgment. You will pay for what you have done."

Bloodied Intent lets out a dry chuckle as Banshees launches from his hangers.

Bloodied Intent: "And you will perish for being a desiccation to the gods!"

He yelled as the banshees attacked. Making a motion with my hand, I set my gunships in different directions. Soon above us, our strike craft started to dogfight as we began our fight.

Bloodied Intent fires off a barrage of plasma fire, burning the air between us as I ducked out of the way, purple lances firing out behind me. Boosting my engines, I strafed his side, firing my hip-mounted coil guns as they impacted harmlessly against his shield, as my MAC lit up. There was a split second where everything seemed to go into slow motion, both parties firing in sync. My MAC fired as the round went high but took off one of the horn-like ornaments on his helmet, depleting the shields with the sound of glass cracking.