Chapter 12: Captured

S/N's perspective

Last night's rest was the best I've had since arriving here. No nightmares, no death, no pain. Just a pleasant dream about me spending time on base with my friends and Belfast. So it was pleasant as the first rays of sunlight cast through the window and across my bed. With eyes fluttering open, I out a yawn and went to sit up before feeling a weight beside me. Looking over, a smile crept across my lips as I saw the love of my life lying upon my chest. Her breathing was soft as she gently nuzzled into my chest as I wrapped an arm around her. Leaning down a bit, I pecked her forehead while she let out a slight groan, her eyes fluttering open as she met my gaze.

Belfast: "Morning, my star."

She said as a small smile crept across her face.

S/N: "Good morning to you too, my sleeping beauty."

I said before leaning down and gently pressed my lips to hers, Belfast smiling happily as she wrapped an arm around my neck and pulled herself closer. The two of us held that kiss for only a few tender moments before Sheffield opened the door of my dorm and peeked her head inside.

Sheffield: "Get up you love birds, you have work to do."

She said and left as suddenly as she came, the door shutting loudly behind her as Belfast and I broke the kiss, a sigh leaving the maid's mouth while sitting up.

Belfast: "As much as I want to stay here with you, she's right."

S/N: "I know she is Bel, but we can continue this later."

She nodded and pecked my lips briefly before we both got out of my bed and tried to made herself look somewhat presentable as her dress had wrinkles. The same could be said for me as I shook out the wrinkles in my pants. The two of us smiled as Belfast gave me a quick hug before leaving out the door.

Belfast: "I'll see you later S/N."

S/N: "You to Bel."

I said and watched her leave down the hall a bit before closing the door and started to get prepared for the day. Taking a quick morning shower and putting on a repaired uniform, I picked up my datapad and turned it on. Once the screen lit, I started looking over the notifications from Drift, all relating to the repairs to my strike craft.

S/N: "Good job buddy."

I muttered and clipped the datapad to my side and walked outside onto the cobbled streets of Azur lane. The feeling of the breeze on my face is always a welcomed way to start my day. Making my way down the road, I glanced to my right as my ship hung low over the water just outside the port. The burns along the ship's hull shone against the darker Titanium hull, the patterns of which mimicked those that laid bare across my body. Though, the scars weren't as bad as I first had thought as I ran a hand down my left forearm. They weren't reminders of how horrible war is, but that I survived, being able to make it to where I was today. All thanks to those I trusted or believed in me, god, that's cringy.

S/N: "Hehe, funny. My brother would probably crack a joke or something about now."

???: "But he would be proud of you."

The voice of a very familiar friend said as I turned to see the Commander walking up to my side.

Shikikan: "I know I never met them, but I think he and the rest of your fleet would be proud of you."

S/N: "You don't need to think about that sir, I know they are."

Shikikan patted my shoulder as he looked out over the base.

Shikikan: "You've grown since you first arrived here."

S/N: "Yeah, but it wasn't all my doing."