Chapter 14: Goodbye?

S/N's perspective

War, war never changes. No matter the era, no matter who is pitted against each other. Blood will be spilled, the land will be torn asunder, but in all of the chaos of war. People can change, see that what they are fighting for is wrong, and choose to fight against what they once fought for.

That I know to be true as Bloodied Intent and I fought side by side, cutting away swaths of mass-produced ships. We were spearheading the assault to behind the enemy lines to take out the leadership. To take down Alpha and hopefully destroy another stronghold in the name of humanity.

Firing off another barrage of Archer missiles, slamming into the hulls of a battleship as we sped past, the two of us continuing to force our way through the siren forces. Our combined weapon fire taking down any siren ship-girls that got close, our strike craft, and a very trigger happy Drift clearing out the sky's above. Priming another MAC round, I looked to my side to see a siren ship girl trying to take out Bloodied intent from behind.

S/N: "Down!"

Intent instantly ducked as I fired a MAC round over his head and took out the Siren. As he returned to his full stature, he fired off a barrage of plasma torpedoes at me. Quickly I dropped as well, and the ordinance sailed over me and into a couple more siren ship-girls that we're trying to get the jump on me as well. Getting back up, we nodded to each other and continued to push deeper into the Siren's lines and more hard-fought advances we made it through the main battle line, any attempt to chance after us was met by interference from allied bombers and strike craft.

Now having some breathing room, we moved towards where Alpha would most likely be commanding her forces. I loaded a new round into the MAC as I glanced at Bloodied intent.

S/N: "So, probably not the time, but what made you switch sides."

The elite-ship looked over at me for a moment before focusing ahead of him as he spoke.

Bloodied Intent: "I learned a hard truth, the Great journey is a lie, that my existence was for false gains for greatness."

S/N: "So Prophets are a bunch of lying bastards. It doesn't excuse what you did, though."

Bloodied Intent: "I know, that is why I wish to repent, and helping you seems like the best way. Your fleet took my brothers as well human. I just wish to uphold their honor."

S/N: "Then, for those we lost, let's honor their memories."

Bloodied Intent: "And purge these backstabber's."

I smirked and primed the loaded round before a barrage of siren fire stopped us from progressing. We both looked up to see Purifier with a new body cracking her knuckles.

Purifier: "Well, well well. Have the aliens come to fight? I've been meaning to get you back for making me a head last we met!"

S/N: "Oh, you're mad about that? I'd say sorry if I didn't find that amusing."

Bloodied Intent: "Get out of our way, weakling."

Purifier: "Weakling. Weakling! I am Purifier! Bringer of destruction! Sinker of fleets! Chaos incarnate! I will not be told off by-

She was in the middle of her speech as a Phantom flew in and hit her like a semi-truck. The force sending her flying into a wall of the stronghold. Bloodied Intent and I blinked as we looked at the defeated Siren, her hand twitching every so often to show that she was somehow still alive before we turned our eyes to the bay door of the phantom to see Drift wave his tentacle before flying off again.

S/N: "Well....... he deserves head pats after this is over."

Bloodied Intent: "Head? Pats?"

S/N: "I'll explain later you slip jaw, now let's just finish off Alpha."