Chapter 13

"Y-Yeosang?" you whispered, scanning his face. You sucked in a breath when you saw his birthmark. This was the first time that you were seeing him without makeup. Tears began to stream down your face. "It's really you," you gasped.

Yeosang was confused, "What do you mean?"

"I always thought I'd never see you again," you whisper. "I promised mom and dad to never look for you."

Yeosang's eyes widened. He wanted to check if you really were his little sister since a lot of people knew you both were separated years before your parents' death.

He stood up and pulled you into a hug. "You remember me?"

"Yeosang, what are you d—" San started to say but kept quiet when Yeosang shot him a warning look.

"Y-Yeah, of course," you sobbed. "I know your birthmark."

"What happened to you?" he whispered.

"H-He was going to sell me," you cried on Yeosang's hoodie. "I-I ran away."

Everyone was confused. That happened four years ago, why would you bring that up now?

"I know," Yeosang said, wiping your tears. "Can I ask you something?"

You nodded. "Yeah."

"How did you suddenly remember me now, like at this moment?"

"I bought this for you," you say, wiping your tears and pointing at the hoodie he was wearing.

Yeosang froze, all the color immediately draining from his face. He was one hundred percent sure that he had never told anyone who got him the hoodie.

"Don't act like his sister when you're actually not," San said with a scoff, rolling his eyes.

You wiped your tears. "And what makes you think I'm not?"

San raised an eyebrow. "If he really was your brother then how are you realizing that now? You've been here for a little over a week." he argued.

"I would've realized immediately if he wasn't covering his birthmark with his hair or makeup as he usually does."

"That still doesn't prove that you're his sister." San crossed his arms over his chest.

"I don't have to prove anything to you," you retort, glaring at San. "Now, give me back my ring."

"How did you manage to get an exact version of it, hmm?"

You sighed. There was no point of arguing anymore. "I don't know, now give it back."

"No, I won't g—"

"San, just give it back to her," Hongjoong said while rubbing his temples, clearly done with hearing you guys argue.

"Hyung, no—"

"It's an order," Hongjoong says sternly, cutting him off.

San sighs. "Fine," he says and turns to Changwoo. "Get the diamond ring from my room, it's in the second drawer."

Changwoo bows before leaving, returning shortly after with your ring. He gave you the ring and you immediately slide it onto your finger, closing your eyes and kissing it. You may not remember what happened these past four years, but that ring was the most precious thing to you. It was a reminder that you did live for those four years of your life, even if you had no memory of it.

---