23

The next morning, they woke up to find Finland and Switzerland roasting a deer on a spit.

Everyone expected it, so they just waited until the two said it was done before cutting pieces off and eating it, Sweden kicking the fire out while they waited. Germany wouldn't be back with the leaders until later- maybe one in the afternoon.

Latvia was still tied to the tree, that was something.

"How long will we have to wait?" Mexico asked, looking out on the trail they had come from. It was getting uncomfortable now- there was just the wind and them. The forest seemed to want to consume them, the pull of a sin they couldn't place.

"A while," was the only reply he got.

They heard a whistling, and he saw a few people standing to try and find it.

"Don't," Romano said, "it's fake. It pulls on people's curiosity."

"Where does it lead to?" Spain said softly, looking at the Italian, who was still sitting on the ground.

"A meat grinder," he replied, "so unless you want to get turned into dog food, I'd sit back down."

The people who had stood shared a glance before sitting down.

"He's mastered the human psyche," China said, "I'll give him that."

"Why is just sitting in the woods getting scarier than anything else that has happened recently?" Australia said, "Like I swear, there is something watching us."

"Don't say that!" Canada chirped, covering his mouth.

Nobody really bothered to ask what that was about. Many had a guess.

"There's nobody around," Belarus said, before pointing to the road opposite of the one they'd came through, "that's the only exit," she then pointed to the other side, "and that's the only entrance. We're in the middle, basically."

"Basically?" France asked, looking at her.

"We're much closer to the mountains," she said, motioning to where they towered behind her, "making us closer to the house. The house is inside a nook in the mountains."

"Well, I'll hand it to America-kun, he truly knows how to pick the weirdest places." Japan said, China nodding.

"You underestimate the mansions," Romano chuckled, "they are huge, not to mention the... I shouldn't say it."

"Say what?" Denmark said, tilting his head while Norway shook his own.

"The things that America has," Romano said, picking his nails.

"What things?"

"The things."

"What things," Denmark whined, scooting closer to the Italian.

"The dragons."

"THERE'S DRAGONS?!" England yelled, "HE LIVES WITH DRAGONS?"

"Don't yell," Belarus told him off, smacking him on the back of the head. When he went to fight back, he was met with a knife digging into his nose and got the idea to back off.

"It's like a dog," Lithuania said, "but it breathes fire. Then again, so do hellhounds, which he also owns."

Russia, having already expected it with all the other exotic creatures that Alfred had thrown at them, just watched from the side as people cooed and coughed at the thought of such creatures. Poland even asked if he had a unicorn, which Lithuania scoffed at before saying 'of course!'.

For now, he watched the mountains. The birds that chirped, the sound of the forest, and of course Alfred's little murder tricks because he was just a cutie patootie and needed to do that.