4

He hummed, re-wrapping the wounds along his patent as he squirmed, cursing under his breath.

One person had woken up.

Coahoma didn't snore like she normally did, instead letting out straggled sounds from her mouth. Her side was wrapped thickly with bandages from bullet wounds that had wounded her greatly. Although she wasn't going to die from the injuries she had sustained, it would take time for her to overcome them.

Koko (Blackfoot), Kele (Yakama), Gad (Navajo), Maikoh, and Tala, were all suffering precise wounds from snipers, while Adany (Cherokee), Pachu'a (Hopi), Chusi, Harkahome (Cheyenne), Ziracuny (Kiowa), and Jolon all suffered from random assortments of wounds during the main assault.

Maralah (Sioux) had head damage. Nebraska had gotten beaten. Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Illinois, and Michigan all had stab wounds. Columbia was targeted and shot in the neck. Conner had a rock thrown onto him. Some others had been poisoned. Oregon had a goddamn date rape drug used on her.

Alaska had almost been set on fire and fell down a mountain, Hawaii sporting similar injuries.

Hesutu (Miwok) was one of the least injured physically, instead having been dragged into the water and half-drowned.

Some of the worst injuries were on the immortalized. Sami and Cole had both been shot in different parts of their torsos.

Rulyn was probably one of the worst, and this was the most injured he'd ever seen her. She always had a sense for when something bad would happen, and normally was able to turn around, but she was cursed with strong emotion and it made her mind not have its usual qualities.

Bullet wounds ran all along her legs and stomach, and she had severe head trauma and a concussion. Hopefully she wouldn't become comatose.

Alfred had been thrown out of the car window. He only had minor bruising on his back and a few scratches, his body had healed itself almost completely before he passed out from shock.

Lani was the one who was awake, drinking a cup of tea as Bodaway sat with her, chatting lightly as they cast quick glances at their fallen comrades.

She had only got cut by a few pieces of glass, but one part had impaled into her shoulder, and he was surprised she had woken up so fast.

They had lost a fight. It had been so fast- their home was swarmed in a matter of seconds. The cameras never alerted them, the trespasser alarm never went off. They were slowly picked off before they were struck in an ambush.

Three people had died. Ava, one of their college students who had only moved here six months ago. Fajra, one of the daughters of the main line of humans that were born here. And Thomas, who sacrificed his life.

And some people were still missing, and or, trapped.

The wendigos had been trapped in their cave, the top of it sliced in a way that caused a rock slide that even the powerful creatures could not escape, and the same thing happened to the dragons rook above the house.

The other animals had to be put back in their pens by a terrified Bodaway with a gun to his head.

He still remembered him screaming, "Night penning! Night penning!" in the middle of the day in such a panicked voice that the animals seemed to wonder, 'should I listen?'

The animals that did try and fight back were now in the veterinary quarters, getting their own surgeries and having bullets removed from them.

"Samuel," Lani called, him looking to her, as she pointed with her pinky finger towards Alfred, who was shifting uncomfortably on his back.