21

"We only have one set of keys how the fuck are we supposed to drive three cars!" Poland yelled, groaning.

"The passenger vans are electric," Germany said, pointing at them, "the key belongs to the normal van."

"Fun," Denmark said, "who's driving."

"Not Poland or Russia, they don't know how," Lithuania said, "and Latvia can't. Also, Italy and China should never touch the wheel of a car."

"I know how to drive," Russia defended himself, "my roads are just shitty."

"Exactly! With America's amazing roads we'll be able to drive fine," Poland chuckled.

"I am now completely sure you've never been to America," Lithuania sighed, "half the roads here are dirt. The other half are destroyed. Lots of people, lots of room, lots of cars."

"And we don't trust you not to run someone over," Denmark added, "me, Lithuania, and Germany can drive."

"I have no idea how to drive an electric car," Lithuania said, Germany tossing him the keys.

"Take the van," Germany said, getting into one of the vans while Denmark went to get into the other, Lithuania running to get to the other one.

"I can drive," Russia muttered to himself as Germany opened the sliding doors from the inside, Poland and Latvia following behind him, Poland grumbling the same as him.

The ride to the airport was boring, and Poland got a call from his boss, who was complaining to him about him not being there and how much extra paperwork he had to do. Oh no. How horrible.

Russia shifted in his seat. They would be driving the cars to the airport, sleep on the plane, then head out the next morning to the next location, so they could find Alfred.

He longed to feel him. He remembered it. Alfred had some of the coldest skin he'd ever felt, especially his hands and his face and his feet, but his chest and stomach was warm, and his heartbeat was always fast, but it got faster when he was happy, and even faster when he was excited.

He was touch-starved, and he loved physical contact and kisses, something he didn't mind giving him.

He was worried though.

He didn't want to imagine if he was covered in new scars, if he was scared. If he was bleeding.

Holding his head in his hand, he looked through the car. Each was a silver grey, besides the one Denmark was driving, which was black. The inside matched the outside, although darker, and there were vents on the ceiling and cup holders and... stuff that was not too common in a car. These were probably expensive.

Sleeping that night was rough. He felt uncomfortable, he wanted to see Alfred, make sure he was okay. Wrap him up in his arms and kiss him all over.

And then smack him on the back of the head for lying to him. And then kiss him again just because he was alive.

He was alive. He was...

He would be alive.

The morning was excitable. The nations felt closer, so it brought up the morale. Hopefully they were closer. He wanted them to be closer.

He watched Canada feed Petunia before putting her in a little bag, and Japan and China talk, and Lichtenstein chat with her brother while they waited for everyone to get ready.

Germany called them to go to the cars, and Russia was able to sit in the front seat with him to tell him where they were going. It was going to take a long time, and Russia warned them of that, and then had to once again remind them that this was America and a long time could be hours. England looked concerned.