The audition - H

Harry's POV
The producer took me into the wings where I could see the person on stage before me. He was an Irish lad with blonde hair who seemed to be a bubbly, confident character. He sang 'Miss Independent' by Ne-Yo and he had an amazing voice. Watching him perform so confidently made me very nervous. I knew I had a good voice but I wasn't a performer.

As the Irish boy was told that he was through to the next round, the producer handed me a mic and counted down.. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, go.

I knew I had to put on a persona so I strode over to the small 'X' at the centre of the stage and politely greeted the judges. Simon asked me lots of questions about myself and I answered back cheerily. The judges were smiling and the audience were already cheering and I felt a rush of confidence come over me. My song of choice was 'Isn't she lovely' by Stevie Wonder, it's my mother's favourite. I had practiced that song a billion times in preparation for the audition and, despite all the nerves, that was the best I have ever performed it. I'm usually shy but when I got on that stage I felt like I belonged there and I became confident and felt sure of myself for the first time in a while.

The most nerve racking part of the audition was waiting to hear if I was through to the next round. After my performance I had a standing novation from both the judges and the audience. All four judges then complimented me and even Simon didn't seem to have a bad word to say about me which, from what I've seen on TV, is unlike him. Simon then told me that I was going through to the next round. This couldn't be real. I had to pinch myself a few times because it felt too much like a dream.

I could see my mother in the audience, sat with Louis' mum, Jay. Not only was my own mum crying but so was Louis'. As I walked off stage I could see them getting up out of their seats and heading backstage. As I got into the wing I handed my mic back to the producer and thanked him for his help. I turned to see my mother jogging towards me with the worlds biggest smile on her face. She wrapped her arms around me and hurried her face in my chest (I'm a lot taller than her). After my Mum had congratulated me Jay gave me a hug and told me how well I did. The fact that I only just met Jay and she was already so welcoming just showed how pure her soul was.

We headed to the dressing room, me at the back and my Mum and Anne in front of me. They were still chatting and laughing as if they'd been friends for years. The short 2 minute walk to the dressing room gave me time to process what had just happened. I'd really done it. I was becoming somebody. For once in my life I didn't care what others thought about me because I was proud of myself.