DT ch. 10

~ Chapter 10 ~

-TORI- 

I woke up in my bed to the sunlight shining through my window. After last night’s events, I went straight to sleep when I got home...after a couple of drinks of course. I mean with all my mixed emotions running through my head, I needed something to make it go away. Thankfully I had enough self control to stop drinking after the third bottle. I know for a fact that Lexi got wasted though. She had already downed five shots when I only drank half a bottle of beer. She’s defiantly going to have a hangover this morning. I hope Tom’s still coming tomorrow though. Which reminds me, I should probably start cleaning up the house today. Who knows what Lexi does when she’s drunk. I lifted my hands up in the air, stretching out my arms. I moved to the side and hit something in my bed. It was hard, but warm.  What is this? I pulled the covers to the side to find Logan’s back facing me. Wait, let me rephrase that, his very bare and muscular back was facing me. OMG! What have I done? Why is he here? How’d he get here? I thought back to last night...Jackson...parents...Logan...agent...O! He and Alex came home with us, right! 

I looked down at myself afraid of what I might find. Whew! I was wearing a bra and cotton short shorts. I hadn’t done it, thank goodness. Quietly getting out of the bed making sure not to wake up Logan, I went into my closet and shut the door behind me. I walked around looking for something to put on so I wasn’t completely exposed. I settled on a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and a sweatshirt. This is kinda boring, hmmm. Opening one of my many drawers I found my favorite studded belt and put it on. Perfect. I opened the closet door and stepped out looking over at my bed. Logan was still fast asleep. I made my way over to the other side of my room to go into the bathroom to fix my messed up party hair.

“Where you going?” Logan suddenly said. I flinched in surprise before I turned around.

“Going to the bathroom,” I simply said.

“You put all your clothes back on. You look better without them,” he replied propping his head up with one hand.

I felt my cheeks heat up, “Errrr, thanks?” I turned back around and rushed into the bathroom slamming the door closed. This is so embarrassing! I don’t even know what I did! What if I completely lost control last night? What if I went drunk crazy? I can’t let this get to me, just act like nothing happened. Take a deep breath, Tori, deep breath. When I calmed down I looked at myself in the mirror. What a mess! My wavy hair was in one big knot and my mascara was flaking. There were black bits of it all over my eyes, gross! There was a wash cloth next to the sink that I took and washed my face with. I didn’t even bother with my hair; I just tossed into a messy bun. I took my mascara and reapplied it on my long lashes. That’s good enough. I opened the door to find Logan fully dressed looking at random things strewn over my desk.

“You have a ton of trophies,” he stated.

“Yea I was a soccer maniac when I was younger. I won three trophies through the years for best in state.” I pointed to three trophies at the end of a shelf. “And five for MVP.” I pointed to five more trophies on the other end of the shelf. “These,” I motioned to the shelf below the soccer one, “are all my volleyball and softball trophies.”

“Wow,” he breathed, “you must have loved sports. You must be quite athletic.”

“Well, yea, not anymore though. I played until my parents disappeared. Everything changed after that.”

Logan looked at me sympathetically, “I’m sorry.”

“It’s not your fault Logan,” I put my hand on his arm, “all you can do now is make the best of the future.” I looked into his eyes and then walked outside my room, “I’m making breakfast, if your hungry.”

I left him in my room to think ad went to investigate the house. It surprisingly wasn’t that big of a mess. Just a few bottles and pillows from the sofa were on the floor. I went into the kitchen to find Alex on the ground with Lexi’s head on top of his chest. There were both sound asleep, their breathing in tune with each other. Thank goodness Lexi and Alex were fully clothed. Careful not to wake them up, I opened the fridge and brought out a carton of eggs. I cracked ten eggs into a pan and turned on the stove. The eggs started sizzling, but stopped when I took a spatula and stirred them around. There was a groan behind me as someone stood up and walked to a chair and sat down.

“Whatcha making Tori? Do we have Tylenol?” Lexi asked putting her head down on the counter. “My head hurts.”

Alex rolled over on the floor and stood up in one swift motion. I have to get used to that. “Good morning!” he exclaimed while stretching out his arms. “Eggs? Looks yummy,” he said smiling at me. I returned the smile and then turned back to the cooking eggs. Alex focused his attention on Lexi and helped her into the living room to lay down on the couch.

From behind two arms closed around my waist. I instantly tensed up, but relaxed a little when I saw it was Logan. “We’re not dating or anything you know.” I gently pulled his hands off of me and his arms fell to his sides.

“Well, now that you mention it, will you be my girlfriend?” he asked hopefully.

I shook my head in disapproval. “I’m taking that as a yes,” he said smugly. Wonderful...I’m leaving here to go back to Seattle soon so there’s no point in arguing with him. Whatever.

I turned off the stove, “Breakfast is ready!”

Alex came bounding in the kitchen his stomach ready to eat anything. Logan went to the cabinet and handed me three plates. I put two eggs on my plate and four eggs on Logan and Alex’s. Boys eat so much these days!

The phone rang, “I’ll get it!” I called out.

I picked up the phone, “Hello?”

“Hey Tori, it’s me Tom.”

“Tom! You’ll never guess what happened last night!” I said clutching the phone closer to my ear.

“You talked to Jackson right? And he told you about your parents?”

“H-how did you know that?” I stuttered.

“I’m sorry Tori,” OK, I’m officially lost. Did I miss something? “This mission wasn’t real. I found out about Jackson and I wanted you and Lexi to know more about your parents so I pretended to assign you a mission so you would go to him.”

“Tom!!!” I screamed into the phone. “Why didn’t you tell us! I almost killed Jackson cause I thought he murdered Mom and Dad! Don’t ever do anything like that ever again to me! Promise?” I demanded through the phone.

“I promise. Never ever again.”

“Good. By the way, are you still coming down tomorrow?”

“No not anymore. I received some information on the whereabouts of the five men who took your parents. They all happen to live in California near you but I unfortunately don’t have a picture of them.”

“O OK. So Lexi and I have to stay down here after all?”

“Yes, if that fine with you girls. I can relocate you into a nearby city if thats what you want.”

“No, no. It’s fine. Thanks Tom.”

“Anytime cupcake. I’ll send you the information in the mail today, so you should get it by Monday.”

“Great. Thanks, again.”

“Bye, cupcake!” he hung up.

Looks like I’ll be stuck here for a while after all.

****************************************************************************************************

HEY readers!!! I’m still off the What’s Hot List :( Please vote, fan, comment, tweet, like, whatever! Everything helps! BTW I just got a twitter and I also have a myspace :D If you wanna check it out, go to my profile page for access :) I think I’m going crazy! I mean holy cow! I’m uploading twice a day! That’s 7 pages a day! I’m going nuts! I must be wayyy tooo bored XD I’m going shopping tomorrow though so don’t be surprised if I only upload one chappie :P Also, I’m planning on finding some pics for the newest chapters...any ideas?

VOTE, FAN COMMENT!!! -Stephiee