DT ch. 27

OK, so I know that I haven’t updated in almost 3 weeks and I’m so sorry! I was on vacation for a week and a half. So as an apology, I wrote this extra long chap! Please comment and vote!

COMMENT, VOTE, FAN!!! -Stephiee :)

****************************************************************************************************

~ Chapter 27 ~

"Wh-who are you?" Lexi stuttered with her arms raised high above her head. The 30 or so people were still standing in front of us with their machine guns pointed in our faces. 

"I. Am. Your. Father," he slowly drawled out.

"W-what? This can't be!" I cried out. My heart started racing. My father's alive?

"Naw, I'm just kidding. This isn't Star Wars." He laughed aloud making me and Lexi shiver from his creepiness. I seriously thought he was telling the truth, but thank goodness he wasn't otherwise I'd already not like him. 

"What do you want? Why are you here?" Lexi questioned. Her eyes were narrowed, focusing on the man's face. 

"Fine, we'll cut to the chase then," he said in a serious tone. "My name is Max. You might remember from a few years ago."

Me and Lexi both looked at him with blank faces, not understanding him at all. Logan suddenly started squirming, trying to yell something but the duck tape on his mouth prevented anyone from understanding a word he said. 

The man sighed, "5 years ago...the day you lost your parents."

My eyes widened in horror and shock. This was such a surreal moment that I couldn't think of what to do. Should I yell bloody murder? Should I cry? Start kicking and screaming? Stay calm and talk to him? Not believe him? There were too many choices. Lucky for me, I had a sister who wasn't afraid of anything. 

"WHAT THE EFF?! ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?! YOU'RE THE ASSHOLE WHO KILLED MY PARENTS?! I WILL MURDER YOU DAMN BITCH!" Lexi screeched at the top of her lungs, getting red in the face. She was unbelievably furious. 

Max simply laughed while walking back and forth in front of us, hidden in the shadows. He seemed to think he had everything in control. Logan was still struggling lightly on the floor and Alex was stock-still; he's still unconscious. While Lexi kept up her angry rant, I quietly and unnoticeably slipped my blade out of my shoe. I slowly slid it towards Logan and he rolled over on top of it to make sure that no one saw him cutting himself loose. Smirking, I stepped forward, in front of him, and everyone went quiet as they focused their eyes on me. 

"Yes?" Max asked in an irritated voice. He rolled his eyes and a made a loud sigh to show his annoyance. 

"Why are you here?" I tried to act calm because on the inside I was getting fed up with Max and he was pissing me off for obvious reasons. 

"I noticed that you girls where looking for me. So I thought why not pay you two a visit..." he paused to glare at me and Lexi both before continuing, "...so I can kill you. I mean it's really annoying having someone seeking you out for three years." He laughed evilly at the last part; he's definitely arrogant. 

Pretending to sound scared, "B-but, I just wanted to k-know who y-you were. We d-didn't mean to do anything. I-I was just c-curious." I tilted my head down and looked up, giving Max the full effect of my puppy dog eyes. He squinted his eyes at me and raised his brows. Wow, is this actually working? What a dimwit. 

Max scratched his chin with his forefinger before turning to look at Lexi. Thankfully she seemed to catch on to my act as she had small tears around her eyes. Max turned around, still in the dark, and walked off talking to a few of his friends. The other armed men stood their ground with their machine guns still out.