A wake up call.

SMACK.

"Shit."

Every morning I start out like this: my face plastered to the floor as I fall out of bed. Every morning for as long as I can remember, I don't know what kinds of crazy dreams i'm having as i can never remember them but i hope sleeping me enjoys herself!

I peel myself off of the floor and look at the clock. 5:26 am. Ugh. Even if I try to go back to sleep it never works. Once I'm awake, I'm awake, It's a curse.

I slouch into my bathroom avoiding all the mirrors if I can; I look like death in the morning. You know the look, hair everywhere, yesterday's makeup that you forgot to take off all over your face? yeah that one.  After the quickest shower of my life I brush my teeth and duck underneath the mirror and make my way back into my room to start getting ready for school. I pick out a pair of ripped jeans, a band shirt, an oversized jumper and my converse. After drying it I brush my waist length red hair and put it up in a pony tail, I reluctantly look into my vanity mirror and apply some eyeliner and mascara. 6:10 am and I'm ready for school. Oh joy.

I slump downstairs to the kitchen to make my mum and I some breakfast. Mum always likes breakfast in bed; she likes to feel like a queen and since i'm the only one here now it's up to me to do it. It's just me and my mum; my dad left when I was really young so I don't remember him much. I take the French toast and orange juice up to my mum and leave it on her bedside table. She hates it when people wake her up. Trust me.

I turn on the TV to waste the rest of my time before I have to go to school.

***

I walk the 10 minutes it takes to get to the school and I'm there directly on time. Even though I live so close I never get here early, I want to serve my 8 hours and that's it no more, preferably less. I put my stuff into my undecorated locker and start heading to home room, everyone always looks really nice on the first day and then a couple of days later they get lazy, it's hilarious. I take a seat in my usual spot and pray for the day to end quickly.

I sit there alone. Well what can I say; I'm not really that popular, well everyone knows me but nobody talks to me anymore. I used to be the most popular girl in school, I was such a bitch it was unreal. But that's not me anymore. I sit at my desk keeping myself to myself, doodling crap on my notebook when the most intoxicating scent envelopes me. What is this? I turned 18 last week and normally this is the age where you start getting all the signs that someone is your mate.

Oh wait, didn't I tell you? I'm a werewolf! Yeah maybe I should of said that earlier..

When I was little I used to dream about the day I would find my mate. To have someone who was completely mine and for me to be theirs, to know that this person would love me forever, cherish me, care for me, even die for me. Now that's commitment.

Mates are bounded for life and nothing comes between them, only death. You can reject your mate but I would never dream of going through that kind of heart break.

Anyway back to the scent! Oh lord that smell.. It smelt like blueberries and cream. No! Like ice cream and pancakes. It smelt extremely sweet and my favourite course is dessert so this is a good start! I wonder who he is. I picture myself with someone tall dark and handsome! Or maybe he'll be sweet and blonde or even a fiery red head like me! Or it could be him...

Oh please no.

Oh God no.