Chapter 16

“Stupid Ian wouldn’t shut up, kept blabbing” Demi kept muttering to herself as she continued to walk through the woods trying to find her way back, she looked around and noticed it was getting dark. She pulled out her cellphone using it as a flashlight before feeling it vibrate making her look at it and seeing the ‘Goodbye’ on the phone causing her to let out a frustrated scream, she angrily shoved her phone into her back pocket “Go on the trip, it’ll be fun” Demi mumbled “Fun yeah right, so much fun right now” she continued to mutter angrily “Why so angry?” Demi let out a scream as she turned around placing a hand over her chest “Sorry didn’t mean to scare you” the person said as they hopped off one of the branches as Demi tried to get her breathing back to normal “What the hell?!” the person laughed “Nice to see you too” the person said as they patted their hands together wiping off the dirt from the tree. Demi stepped closer and hit the person on their chest “That wasn’t funny” the person laughed “Ow! Dee that hurt” Demi glared at the person “Shut up” she said hitting their arm as they laughed.

Joe was panting “Did you find her yet?” Nick asked as he caught up to Joe “No and I’m starting to get a bit worried” Nick nodded as he was panting “Hey what’s that?” both Nick and Joe looked over at Miley who pointed towards a small light “It looks like a light from a cell phone” Louis said as he stepped closer before being held back by Eleanor “WHO’S OUT THERE?” Harry yelled as they all saw the light coming closer “HEY! WHO THE HELL IS OUT THERE!” Zayn yelled as he kept Kassie safely behind him. Sammi squinted her eyes before stepping closer “Hey, isn’t that…” she was cut off mid-sentence when she felt herself being pulled back by Niall who gave her an angry look “What if that was a rapist or a killer or WORSE” Sammi shook her head “Nothing would actually be worse, but I was just saying that…” “BUT NOTHING!!” “Niall it’s…” “DEMI!!” Selena and Nii both yelled as Demi came out with a cellphone in her hand followed by someone they didn’t recognize “Hey guys, sorry I got lost then…” she didn’t have a chance to finish her sentence before having  two strong arms wrap around her “WHOA PUT ME DOWN CURLY!” she said laughing as he placed her down “Sorry Demi, but we all got really worried when we heard you scream” Demi laughed shaking her head “Harry it’s fine, and most importantly I’m fine and thanks you guys for caring” they all nodded “Of course, you are part of our gang now Demi” Nii said smiling as she gave her a hug.

“So how do you two know each other again?” Victoria asked as she took a seat on Avan’s lap as they were all seated in the living room, Demi looked over at the person whom was in the woods as they looked back at her “Um well Zac is my cousin…from my mother’s side” she said with nervousness in her voice “Yeah, I um talked to Ian and he said Demi would be here and I thought I could come and surprise her” Zac said while looking at Demi unsure “Well good thing you did because then she would have been stuck out there almost all night” Miley said with a laugh as Demi smiled before looking over at Joe who only gave her a small smile. “So Zac, do you work out?” Nii asked as she sat forward before having Kassie, who was sitting on Zayn’s lap with his arms securely around her, hit her arm “What? I’m just asking” “Yeah while sitting next to your BOYFRIEND” Kassie said emphasizing the word ‘boyfriend’ making Nii look at Harry who had an eyebrow raised “You know I love you, I was just curious” she said as he just looked at her before she kissed his cheek “Love you” she said as he smiled at her. “Get a room” Joe mumbled as he leaned back in his seat causing Demi to look at him and giggle.

“Well Zac I hope the couch is okay, we don’t have any more rooms” Liam said as Zac shook his head “Hey, I’m just glad you guys are letting me stay here for the night” Zac said as Liam nodded and walked off upstairs, “Here you go” Sammi said placing down a few blankets and pillows as Zac smiled at her making her smile back before having someone clear their throat making both of them turn to the side “Hey, Niall right?” Zac asked unsure as Niall nodded and walked closer “Yeah Niall Horan also known as Sammi’s BOYFRIEND” he said making Sammi roll her eyes and Zac laugh “Yeah I got that, well um thanks for the blankets Sammi” Sammi smiled at him and nodded “No problem, sleep well” she said as he nodded, she turned around and walked past Niall who groaned “Sorry, I just…I think she’s still mad about what happened out in the woods” Niall said apologetically to Zac who nodded “It’s cool, but maybe you should apologize to her instead” he said laughing slightly as Niall thanked him and ran upstairs after Sammi. Zac sat on the couch before feeling someone sit next to him “So you wanna explain to me why you are actually here?” Zac sighed and looked at Demi “He called me” Demi looked at him confused “Who called you?” Zac looked at her with sorrow in his eyes “Dad.”