Chapter 12

“Ok so remember, when your arm is above their head go for the gut” Ian said as he held tightly onto Demi’s left arm as she punched him in the gut as he leaned over groaning “Good job” he said as he tried to get his breathing back to normal coughing slightly. “Sorry Ian” Demi said giggling; he just waved it off and gave her a thumbs up sitting down on the steps. “Oh come on Ian, I didn’t get you that hard now get up we’ve only been at it for an hour and it’s not even noon yet” Demi said while jumping around like a boxer getting ready to fight. “Just give me a minute, we have been at this for an hour and you keep beating the shit out of me” Demi stopped at looked at him “Um that’s the point you’re helping me train, and besides you can hit me back” she said continuing to jump around “I’m not gonna hit you Dee” Demi groaned hitting him slightly “You have to, besides I’ve had worse so it’s not that bad” she said laughing as he stared at her with a serious face “That’s not funny Demi” Demi groaned “Sheesh it’s my life and if I wanna make a joke of it, I will” she said as she flicked his nose. “Now get you’re lazy ass up and fight me” Ian groaned and stood up “Fine you asked for it” Demi smirked “Bring it bitch.”

Ian groaned as he lay flat on his back “HA now that’s 6 times in a ROW!” Demi screamed with joy as Ian swung his leg flipping her making her fall face down on the ground as he got on her back “Well guess you can’t get to seven”  he said chuckling as Demi groaned slightly “Alright now get your heavy ass off of me” Ian laughed and helped her up while brushing herself off “See, now isn’t it more fun and making more progress when you actually hit back” Demi said smiling at Ian “Yeah yeah whatever” he said taking leaves out of her hair. She carefully touched his eye “Does it hurt” he winced “Just a little, you may be small but you pack a mighty punch” he said laughing slightly as she smiled “Sorry, I should really learn how to control my anger” Ian looked at her “You pictured him didn’t you?” Demi looked at him confused “Your dad, you pictured him when you punched me” Demi sighed and nodded “ I didn’t mean to but it just happened” Ian smiled at her “It’s okay, if it helps you sleep better at night you can picture him while hitting me all you want” Demi furrowed her eyebrows as he sighed “We hear you, Me and Nina, we hear you at night” Demi looked down “You have these blood-gurgling screams that just make me jump out of bed, is that why you wanted your room to be in the basement?” Demi nodded “I’m sorry but I thought the screaming stopped when we got here, at Nina’s mom’s house I didn’t scream.” Ian looked at her rubbing her cheek with his thumb as she looked at him, he hugged her tightly.

“So what do you think Nina is going to say when she see’s you’re black eye and busted lip?” Demi said giggling as she took two water bottles out of the fridge throwing one to Ian “I don’t know, what’s she gonna say about your forehead and that huge bruise on your right side” he said taking a sip of his water as Demi laughed and looked down at her ribcage “Yea maybe wearing a sports bra and shorts was not a good combination when training outside” she said as she looked up at Ian then giggled “Same goes to you for wearing a white wife-beater” Ian glared at her “Well maybe if you hadn’t thrown me down so hard I wouldn’t have these grass stains” Demi giggled sitting next to him “Whatever dude” she said taking a sip of her water.