Chapter 8

Perries POV:
I'd gotten to the care place and taken to my room. I placed my bin bag on the bed with the few cloths I had. I sat on the edge of the bed and looked around nervously. It was quite small with cream coloured walls it had an average sized bathroom with a shower and toilet. There was a window in the corner of the room. I sighed and sat on the bed. I haven't slept in a bed since I was 12 so this is making me feel very privileged. I was a bit sad that I wouldn't be going back to school until I was adopted. The next adoption session was tomorrow. An adoption session is where the people who want kids have a look around and interact with the kids. There was a knock on my door and I opened it "h hello" I said and the carer smiled "Perrie this is Cole he's in the room next to you I thought you'd like a friend. I looked at the boy he was pale and had brown hair that flopped to the left of his head and ble eyes. I'm not gonna lie he was very good looking. "Hi I'm Cole" he said and shook my hand "I'm Perrie" I said quietly. "Right let's let her settle in , all the kids are just down the hall follow the noise if you get lost" she let out a little laugh and I nodded "come down later come see who you'll be here with" I just nodded I bet I was coming across rude but I was just really nervous. Cole and the carer walked down the corridor and I shut my door again. I looked in the draw next to my bed and saw a pile of books. I smiled and took them out sitting on my bed against the wall reading.

I'd been reading all night and Cole came in with the carer again "how come you didn't come down to see all of us today" he said and I shut my book "n nervous" I said and he huffed walking out. The carer called his name but he didn't come back. "Right get some sleep" she said putting my book in the draw again. "D do you think you could get me some more books to read" she nodded "sure your quite the bookworm aren't you" I nodded and took out my nightshirt. "Breakfast is at 8:30" I nodded and she went out. I laid in my bed and slowly drifted of to sleep.

I woke up the next morning at 7. I got showered and put my cloths back on. It got to 8:30 and I left it 10 minutes then another 10 minutes. I was so nervous to the point where I felt sick. I opened the door and slowly walked down the corridor where there was circular tables scattered everywhere and kids of all ages stuffing their faces full of food. I stood there nervously and saw Cole sat with 2 more boys are age. The rest where little kids. I sat down on a table in the corner on my own and the person came over asking what I wanted. I couldn't get my words out and just shook my head. She nodded and put an orange juice on my table. I got up and basically ran back to my room.

It got to 12 and the people who were looking for children were. Cole came into my room "hi Perrie me and Casey and kJ and going to the park you coming" I shook my head "but you'll miss the adoption session" kJ and Casey laughed behind him and he chuckled a bit. "We know enjoy yourself you'll definitely get picked" he walked away shutting my door. Well that was weird. At least they think I'll get picked. If I get picked I can go back to school and see jade. I brushed my teeth and hair again and put some perfume on so I look a bit more presentable. I couldn't wait to get picked. I put on a jumper that I save for important times. The parents came around and I grew nervous. We each had to sit at a table each and the parents came and asked you questions. All the kids had someone sitting opposite them. Everyone apart from me. I sat there and gave 2 men a smile and one of them scoffed and they walked away. I sighed and looked down. A carer came and sat opposite me. "There's always tomorrow Perrie don't worry" I nodded and saw a kid running out there room with a bag and jumping into a couples arms. I felt a pang Of hurt in my chest and walked off to my room and locked the door sitting on my bed crying. I wish I would've got picked.