•16•

What is that supposed to mean? Don't leave him? I couldn't if I tried. He proved that in the last few hours.

As I sit here and keep my face nuzzled into his warm chest, I am wondering what the hell is going on. I slowly lift my head up and look at Alex. He is staring at me with pure hatred. And to think he was my best friend.

"What's going on?" I ask Niall. He smiles down at me, smirking that stupid smirk of his.

"I think you just confessed your love for me."

"No, asshole." I slap his chest as a small smile creeps onto my face. "I'm talking about the car crash that you were talking about. And the summer camp, I-"

"She doesn't know?" He angrily looks up at Alex. Well, there's a mood change if you've never seen one.

"No." Alex says softly. "She forgot about it."

"She should still know." Niall growls. I step away from him and his features soften as I look at him.

"Will you guys shut up and just tell me what the hell is going on?! I'm sick of al the secrets!" I cry and step away from Niall to look at both of them.

"Okay, well... we should go sit down maybe?" Niall looks to Alex and he nods, leading us back into the living room where the rest of the guys have gathered.

"Do we need to leave, or?" Louis asks politely.

"No. You can hear." Niall says and leads me to sit down next to him on the couch.

"Evanna, you have to understand that you have no memory of this. For all you know, we could be telling you lies, but you have to believe us." Alex begs as he takes his seat across from me.

"I'll be fine. It can't be that bad right?" I try to force a smile but It doesn't really work.

"Okay, so we were sixteen, well you were, I was nineteen at the time." Niall stops, I nod for him to go on. "We both played guitar," I don't know how to play any instruments. "and we went to the same summer music camp. We clicked. I don't know, we just... fit together. Everyone there started to tell us how cute we were together and how we were just meant to be. That summer, Ev, that summer I fell in love with you. I never was able to see if you had the same feelings about me that I did for you, because the summer ended all too quick and we were all on our different directions before we knew it. Yes, of course you gave me your phone number and address so maybe we could see each other again but... but then... Alex?" Blondie calls to him for help, and my attention goes back and fourth between the two, and the guys listening in.

"You're dad came to pick you up. The camp was far away, about a four hour drive. Your dad, he was so happy listening to you talk about what fun you had that summer. But half way through the drive, your car was hit by a drunk driver. The car hit your side of the car Ev." Alex stops to catch his breath from the tears that I know are about to fall. Alex was never very much of a crier but I guess this topic is a soft spot. "We were all so relieved to hear that you had made it, that you had survived. But not everything was coming out clean. You hit your head, and the part of your brain that holds memory was damaged. You couldn't remember anything from the past year. The music camp, Niall, where you were, the last thing you said you remembered was being with me and a few other friends at the pizza place." Alex says softly.

"I got to the hospital as soon as I heard. I didn't know what to do, my girlfriend could have just died, they didn't tell me anything other than that you were in a crash, in critical condition." Niall was crying now, not audibly but his tears were enough to make my own stream out.

I have no idea what to think of this. He actually did love me. And I loved him. I know I did, the emotion in his voice gives it all away, but is it the truth? Like they said, they could just be feeding me lies.