Chapter 21: 'Forever'

~August~

I shiver from the cold in my half-conscious state. I twist on my make-shift bed of blankets and pillows with my eyes still closed. My numb fingers take tighter hold of the blanket around me. Wait. When did I have a blanket around me? In my memory, I can still recall that I used all the spare blankets and pillows in the hotel room for the bed I made for myself on the balcony since Graye would be the one to sleep on the king bed.

Graye. The thought makes my eyelids flap open, making me completely awake. The moment I see the blanket wrapped around me, I instantly recognize it to be the blanket on the king bed; the blanket supposed to be Graye's. I instinctively glance through the closed glass doors dividing the room from the balcony. Through the transparent glass, I can see Graye with his back to me on the hotel room's king bed; his arms wrapped around his crouched figure, still asleep. Without a blanket to protect him from the cold, he's unconsciously keeping himself warm.

I sigh. I get up from my pile of blankets and pillows, holding Graye's blanket with both hands. From what I remember last night, the same blanket in my hands was covering him from head to toe when I got inside the hotel room after that night's dinner. I assumed that he was already asleep. Was he the one who put the blanket over me?

I slide open the glass doors and step inside the luxurious room. I slowly approach the sleeping Graye. On closer look, I can see that he's shivering. I spread the blanket on top of him.

I am about to walk away when his dark disheveled hair catches my attention. Before, I can always mess up his hair to annoy him and to joke with him. Those times were just distant memories now. I unknowingly reach out to touch his hair. My hand is a few inches from it when Graye suddenly twists, facing my side. I snap back to my senses and pull my hand away. This time, his angelic sleeping face becomes the center of my attention. I shake my head. He only looks like an angel when he's asleep, but he will instantly turn into a devil once he is awoken.

I move away from him and rush inside the bathroom. I lock the bathroom door behind me and pull my hair in annoyance with myself. I stare at the wall mirror, feeling the swift beating of my heart. What's happening to me?

I decide taking a bath in order to wash away my doubting emotions. It seems to work until I finally finish my bath and get out of the bathroom just to see Graye fully awake and sporting a smirk at me. The bad thing about that is I am wearing nothing but a bathrobe. I bolt to the cabinet in alarm and grab one of the sets of clothes I prepared for my stay at the hotel beforehand. I am about to go back to the bathroom when Graye blocks my path.

"Where do you think you're going?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"To the bathroom obviously, stupid." I glare at him.

I am surprised when Graye abruptly slams me to the wall, his arms trapping me either side. I glare even more angrily at him. He bends toward me with that smug smirk still on his face. I unconsciously pull the bathrobe tighter around me as the gap between us slowly closes. My heart rate starts to rise dramatically again.