Chapter 25:

Chapter 25

He hung up. Just like that. Without saying anything.

What was wrong with him?

Hell, what was wrong with me? Why did I even have to tell him?

Tears welled up in my eyes and in a matter of seconds I was sobbing hysterically on that iron bench. 

Get a grip, I said to myself. It wasn't my fault after all, Ryan had kissed me that too without my permission. I dont really think it was my fault.

Suddenly, all the hurt had vanished and anger had replaced it. I could rip Ryan's hair out if he would have been in front of me, I was so pissed at him. Shooting up the volume to the highest level, I broke into a run with the beats of In The End hitting my ears.

This time I didn't jog, I sprinted. For nearly thirty minutes. 

I felt my strength giving up on me, I realized that I wouldn'nt be able to last any longer but I still went on. I continued running trying to keep up with my earlier speed. My vision blurred and I could feel the nausea hitting me, but the anger within me was strong enough to keep me going. 

Left foot, then the right.

Left. Right. Left. Right.

Thump. Thump. Thump. 

The beating of my heart and the tapping of my foot seemed to be in rhythm now. 

A shock travelled through my body as the vision just disappeared.

*After what seemed like forever*

I opened my eyes and the smell of medicines greeted me. A nurse with a smiling face was hovering just above my face and I only passed her a helpless smile.

"How are you feeling sweetie?" She asked me in a soft voice.

"I dont know." I replied back honestly.

"What's the last thing you remember?" 

I closed my eyes and sighed deeply. The events from the day earlier flashed in a proper sequence. First the jog, then seeing the old couple, then calling Daniel and the fact that he hung up on me without saying anything, and then running at such a high speed continuously like a lunatic.

"I was running." I said, using minimum words.

"Okay. Your name?" She asked, smiling.

Wasn't that supposed to be the first thing she should have asked?

I shrugged and told her my name.

"Age?" She asked.

"16." I said, plainly.

"I see no problem." She said, and patted my head.

But why did I end up here, I thought.

Noticing the expression of doubt on my face she automatically answered the question.

"Since you ran too fast without a stop you got dehydrated and lad a low BP. As a result you fainted." She said and frowned.

This nurse was friendly and I liked her.

"Oh... But who took me here?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"Some old couple wo were there in the park..." She told me.

I assumed it was the same old couple whom I had been gawking at a while before I had fainted. A smile took over my face.

"I'll let the visitors come in now." She said and looked at me for permission.