Chapter 23

Chapter 23:

Melissa's POV:

Rachel was obviously staying the night, and after dinner we were all sitting in the living room chatting away easily when the topic of my date with Daneil came up. This reminded Mark that I had come home in between to change and that my dress had grass stains on it and my hair was a mess, not that he would have really noticed the hair!

"Why did you have to change again?" Mark asked, clearly amused.

"Um... I was at the park with a little kid and we were playing... The dress got dirty and I had to come home and change for the date." I said, giving out as less details as I possibly could.

"Was that a date or a baby sitting session?" he asked, chuckling.

"God I was with Charlie!" I said.

"Charlie who?" Rachel asked, interrupting for the first time.

"Charlie is the younger brother if my best friend, Ryan who happens to have moved back here... Charlie still lives with his aunt and had come over for the weekend to see me, and since I had my date with Daniel I had to meet Charlie along with Daniel because I could postpone neither of them. So Ryan brought Charlie to the park where Daniel and I met him, and um... Charlie and I were a bit too happy on seeing each other after a year that we just went on playing and I totally forgot about the fact that I had a date scheduled. Rachel, you really cant even imagine the way Sharon shot me daggers when I left the park. She would be so annoyed!" I said, smiling guiltily.

"And the Daniel guy had no problem whatsoever with this sitting?" Rachel asked, kinda shocked.

"Nah. He knows what Ryan and Charlie mean to me, he infact was really frienly with Charlie." I said, beaming with pride for Daniel, my boyfriend.

The word was like music to my ears. Daniel was my boyfriend, and everything was perfect.

"I told you the boy is ,ore than what she gives him credit for!" I heard Mark mutter to Rachel. I took no notice of it and stood up.

"Well I'm gonna call it a night, and Rachel you are more than welcome to sleep in my room." I winked and turned around to leave.

Just as I was about to enter my room the sound of the doorbell made me descend the stairs once again. I looked into the living room only to find Mark and Rachel heavily making out, no wonder they hand't heard the doorbell.

I glanced at the clock, it was half past 9. 

I opened the door to find a very disturbed Ryan standing with his hands in his pockets, his hair a mess as he gave me a small smile.

"Ryan?" I asked, obviously surprised. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah. Can I talk to you?" He said, almost whispering.

"Sure. Come in, I guess it's pretty chilly outside." I said.

He stepped in and fidgeted his hands. He kept on opening and closing his fists, a clear sign of nervousness.

"It's Ryan and we are coming to the living room." I called out to give the couple a warning. Hopefully, they would have stopped making out by the time we'd reach them.

I led Ryan to the living room where Rachel was brushing through her hair and Mark was tugging on his jeans, did I mention Rachel had a very visible hickie on the left side of her neck?

Yes, it was that evident that Ryan began chuckling softly.

Both of them got up and moved towards the kitchen to give us some privacy.

"We'll be in the kitchen" Mark said very loudly.

Talk about embarassing?

I gave him a glare and turned back to Ryan. Sitting on the couch next to him I broke the silence by clearing the throat.

"Ahem" he cleared it back.

"Ahem ahem"

"Ahem ahem ahem"

Ahem ahem ahem ahem"  I said half laughing.

"Ahem ahe" 

"Okay that's enough" I said and laughed.

Finally after calming down I said to him, "What did you wanna talk to me about?" 

"Well, I see no other way, and I just couldn't sit at home and feel all miserable about it. I didn't want to have a sleepless night and keep on thinking about it all day tomorrow thinking what if I had told her and what if I hand't been only in my head. I wanted to take my chance, and I wanted to do it right, it was once, only once but I really couldn't... I know I am balbbering but I can only hope that I am able to make little sense and that you are able to understand what I am saying. Yesterday seeing you with Daniel... well it made my heart rip out. Like literally and it made me feel so angry but I ignored the feeling. I had Sharon with me and she could distract me... hell she did distract me and I didn't think about it for a while... But then earlier today I couldn't get that happy image of you and Daniel out of my mind, and I realized well I realized that I am in love you. I dont know how or when, I didn't even realize it, until now. I love you Melissa." he said and then leaned in to kiss me.

|A/N: Hahahaha, the next chapter will be up probably tomorrow or day after. Dont kill me for hanging you all in the middle. D:

Dont forget to vote or comment cuz every vote certainly counts! :D|