Chapter One

I dumped my bag on my bed and headed to the kitchen for a light snack. The practice had been atrocious today and i was really worn out. 

Yes, the Athlete Meet was round the corner but that is just no way for Coach Davis to make me practice sprint thrice in one practice. I have  

a saturation level you know? 

Oh, and if he was not satisfied with it, hurdles were added on later as well! 

I sighed as i sat on the kitchen counter and munched on some Oreos. 

My phone rang and i answered the phone. 

"Hey Sharon!" I sang extending the "N" just a little bit. 

Sharon had been my best friend since exactly 7 years now. We were now in 10th grade and she moved here when I was in 2nd grade and we have been inseparable ever since. 

The story of our friendship doesnt start from the same school, or from the same neighbourhood. 

We actually met in the play area of a plaza where we were on the same miniature slide that they had installed there. When you are at the age of 7 

any person you talk to even for a minute becomes your friend, and so was the case with us. 

Our friendship developed during that half an hour of fun time we had, talking and playing with each other. When my mom came to pick me up i asked her to note down  

Sharon's number... and well, we have been friends since then... 

Long way to go, huh? 

"I am coming over in five. Get ready, we are going to the plaza." She said, absolutely thrilled. 

"Uh, no no no. YOu are not coming over in five and we are not going to the plaza." 

"But why not?" She asked. Yes, i could imagine her slightly pouting at this. 

"Because i just came back from track practice and i am tired like anything!" I whined. 

"So what? You have been having track practice thrice a week since forever. You should be used to it by now!" She said. 

"Tell me about it." I muttered. 

"Well, I am only two blocks away now. You better make yourself look decent. I dont want people to look at me with pity on their faces." She said, trying to  

joke. 

"And why would that happen?" 

"Oh, because I'll be hanging out with someone looking as worn out as you!" She said and laughed. 

"Bitch." I muttered. 

"I love you too best friend!" She sang and hung up.

I slowly made my way up to my room and changed into blue skinny jeans and a white tank top paired with a jacket. I had just started brushing my hair when 

the door flew upon and Sharon danced her way into the room. 

Sharon had this funny habit of dancing and walking around when she was too excited about something, and many a times it was pretty embarassing! 

"No baby, do not braid your hair." She said as i turned around to meet her. 

"Hello to you too." i said sarcastically as i tied my hair into a ponytail. A few lose strands falling on the sides of my face. 

I put on my converse and we left the house.

I called up dad to know that i was going to the plaza with Sharon and would be back in a couple of hours. Obviously he didnt mind, he loved her more than me!