Chapter 24

Chapter 24:

... and then he leaned in to kiss me.

I was dumbfounded. My body didn't react, my hands didn't move, no matter how much I tried. I couldn't push his face away, my hands and my brain wont work even though I shouted for them to react. I stayed still as Ryan kissed me. I felt numb, no spark no butterfuly, nada. All I could think of was about Daniel. Was I cheating on him? I was a miserable person, not even 6 hours ago he asked me out and now I was cheating on him? I was a s***,  knew that for sure.

Finally my senses came back to me, and so did my strentgh. I pushed Ryan back and looked at him intently.

My gaze turned into a glare in a matter of seconds.

"What did you think you were doing?" I hissed at him and stormed out of the room. I grabbed a bottle of cold water and gulped it down in one go. 

Mark and Rachel only gave me questioning glances. 

Ignoring their glances i went back to the living room.

"I think you should leave now Ryan." I said in the most authoritative tone I could manage.

He only nodded and got up to leave. I stepped aside and let him go, hearing the door close behind me. 

Taking small slow steps towards my room I couldn't help the drumroll my heart was playing. I breathed heavily and entered my room. Kicking the door close I jumped on my bed and broke into sobs. He walls of numbness, stillness, coldness and helplessness were now broken as the tears escaped from my eyes. I felt disgusted with myself and the thought of me cheating on Daniel kept on badgering me repeatedly. My throat was sour and my eyes were probably all red and puffy, but I didnt care. I kept on sobbing as the tears didn't stop. For once I was all alone, I had noone to talk to. I couldn't call Sharon and tell her what happened, she wouldn't have taken it better than I had been taking it, and I certainyl couldn't talk to Daniel. The thought of Daniel was earlier making me go weak in my knees, now it was only torturing me further making my heart shatter into pieces so tiny that they couldn't be picked.

I didn't realize or notice when I fell asleep in all the crying.

I woke up with my pillow drenched in tears as the morning light burned my eyes and I shut them again, groaning. My eyes ached from all the crying last night and my throat was still sour. I had slept in a very uncomfortable position last night and I had cramps all over my body. I was definitely not waking up for another five hours atleast. 

The reason for all this came rushing back and I felt my eyes fill with tears again. I laid down on the bed again and stared at the ceiling for a good 2 hours because when I glanced at the clock again it was already 9.

"No waking up today?" Mark asked as he knocked on the door.

"No I'm sick. Go away." I groaned.

He barged rigt in and I felt my bed dupe as he sat down.

"What's wrong?" He asked trying to get the blanket off me.

"Go away!" I cried.

"And you are sick." He said, obviously not believing in the lie.

"YES!" I said, as loud as I could.

"Melissa what is it?" Mark said, obviously irritated.

"Nothing, I just dont feel like getting out of bed today." I confessed.

"Feel like having a hot chocolate then?" Mark asked me, smirking.

I jumped up in an instant, but realized I had told him I wasn't feeling too well.

"If you insist." I said, trying to sound weak, not that I had trouble doing that anyway.

Mark chuckled and left.

I got up as well and decided to take shower.

After a while I came down dressed in comfortable sweatpants and Mark's metallica tshirt and setlled on the kitchen table.

Mark slided the cup of hot chocolate towards me and I wrapped my fingers around the mug, holding it tight.

"Thanks." I muttered.

We sat in silence for a while, and I was so not oblivious of the fact that Mark had been continuously staring at me.

"What?" I gave up after around ten minutes.

"Why didn't you want to wake up?" He said, in a very parental tone.

"Why do you ask, daddy?" I shot back.

"Mel seriously, what happened?" He asked, now sounding more concerned.

"Nothing. Where's Rachel?" I asked.

"She left early, had some assignment to work on." Mark muttered.

I quitely drank the hot chocolate and retrieved back to my room. I checked my phone and found two missed calls from Daniel and about 14 of them from Ryan. Ignoring both of them I fetched my running shoes, grabbed my ipod and left the house for a nice long run.

The sun shone brightly but that bothered me in the least today, I was already so preoccupied. 

Jogging constantly for a good 45 minutes I finally came to a hault and dropped down on the nearest bench. I waited for my heartbeat to drop to the normal rate and leaned back on the bench and shut my eyes. I sat there and just listened. Listened to the children playing nearby, listened to the chirping birds, listened to the crunch of dried leaves as people walked on them. I also heard soft whispers, and I opened my eyes and craned my neck to find the source.

On a bench nearby I saw a couple sitting, or rather cuddling and talking in whispers. Their faces held genuine smiles, their eyes had a sparkle in them and their face, very worn out and wrinkly, still had a glow...

The lady said something at which the man smiled and kissed her on the cheek.

Their love gave me a new hope, it gave the the understanding I needed.

I decided that I would call Daniel and tell him the truth, and then I was going to talk to Ryan and tell him that it was all in his head and he only thought he was in love with me.

I sighed and took out my phone from the pocket of my hood and dialled Daniel's number.

"Hello" he said in his almost perfect voice.

"Hey there!" I said smiling.

"Well it's almost 1 in the afternoon. Where have you been?" He asked.

"Let's just say I was a bit preoccupied, still havent got it figured out though." I said, biting my lower lip.

"Everything alright?" He asked, concern clear in his voice.

"Yeah kind of. Listen I gotta tell you something." I said, in a rushed tone.

My heartbeat sped up to 320 m/s and my cheeks almost burnt. I crossed the fingers of my left hand and took a deep breadth.

Then I proceeded to tell him everything, he listened in absolute silence, not even commenting once. I had no idea what would Daniel think of me after this, would I still be his girlfriend or not. The silence was deafening, it was absolutely posionous.

I waited for him to say something. He didnt. Instead, he hung up.

|A/N: Please vote and comment! :D|