Chapter 06

Chapter 06:

Melissa's POV: 

Since the class we missed was the last for the day, Daniel and I walked together to the school gate. 

We walked to where the parking was when I smiled at the sight of Mark standing against the hood of the car. Noticing my ever so happy smile Daniel cleared his throat and I chuckled. 

We walked to where Mark was standing. 

"Um hey Mark, thus is Daniel, my friend. Daniel, this is Mark, my brother." I said and smiled at both of them. 

"Hey wassup!" Mark said patting Daniel on the back. 

"Hey bro! You have one hell of a sister man!" Daniel said, winking at me. 

But Mark on the other hand, he glared at Daniel and then cleared his throat. 

Daniel instantly regretted saying that and looked at me helplessly. 

"Uh... I... I didnt mean for it to come out that way... I was talking about... about the prank she pulled on Claire today, um..." Daniel said biting his lip. 

As for me, I couldnt control my laughter. One of the hardest things in life: controlling your laughter during serious situations. 

"What prank?" Mark asked raising his eyebrows at me. 

"Dont worry about it. I'll tell you later." I said. 

"Um.. So i guess I'l see you in school tomorrow Melissa..." Daniel said, almost whispering. 

"Yeah sure Daniel. Bye!" I said as he turned around to leave. 

I sat in the car while Mark made his way to the driver's seat. 

"If only looks could kill" I muttered as the engine roared to life. In response I only heard a faint chuckle.

We were at one of the signals waiting for the light to turn green when Mark glanced at me to say something. I gave him a questioning glance and waited for him to utter his words of wisdom. 

"Um... never mind" He said shifting his gaze to the road. 

"Mark!" I scowled at him angrily. 

He didnt respond. I waited for him to respond but gave up eventually. 

After fifteen minutes of deafening silence we reached home finally.

"The Daniel guy... well he is head over heels in love with you though he doesnt know yet. And dont ask me how I know. When a girl falls in love you can see it in her smile, when a guy falls in love you can see it in his eyes." 

He said as we pulled into the driveway. 

I was having a hard time grasping what he was saying and so obviously I didnt say anything. 

"Get out of the car!" He said and chuckled. 

I got out of the car and made my way into the house without saying anything.

I went straight to my room and literally jumped when I saw Sharon sitting on my bed already. 

I let out a low shriek but gained my balance instantly. 

"Hey!" I said dumping my bagpack. 

"Care for a snack?" She asked. I smiled in response and we headed to the kitchen.

A bowl full of Oreo cookies and two glasses of juice stared at us as Sharon and I sat in complete silence with my head in my hands. 

"What do I have to bribe you with to make you speak?" Sharon growled, completely frustrated. 

I munched on some oreos and looked at Sharon with my mouth full. 

Yes, thats the way with best friends, you can behave in any stupid way you want, they will never judge you. 

"MarksaidDanielisinlovewithme" I said all in one breadth, obviously making it obvlivious for Sharon to understand. 

"What? What did you just say? Could you see it again? A bit slower maybe?" She said. 

"Okay so on the way back from school Mark said to me that Daniel was in love with me, to be exact, he is head over heels in love with me and that Mark could see it in his eyes." I said taking a deeo breath. 

"Uh okay... But who is Daniel?" she asked, totally confused. 

"I didnt tell you about him, did I?" I said, biting my lip. 

She nodded and smiled at me. 

"Okay so i was on the tracks one day and I ran for about half an hour and then went to sit under my usual tree but someone else was already sitting there. I was really angry at whoever it was, that was my tree and noone else was supposed to be sitting there. Anyway, the guy sitting there was Daniel and um.. he is a pretty decent guy, very hot for the starters, just shifted here from California and lives with his mother. Oh, and the most important piece of information: Mrs. Ernstwell is his mother." I concluded. 

Sharon's mouth hung open, at the last input probably. 

"Yeah you can close your mouth now Sharon. Um... I called Mrs. Ernstwell a total bitch in front of him." I said. 

Her jaw dropped. 

"You did what?" she literally shouted. 

"I called his mother, who is also ny English teacher a total bitch but obviously I didnt know then that she was his mom!" I protested. 

Sharon just looked at me without saying anything.

"Why are you one hell of a sister Mel?" Mark suddenly barged in and took a seat next to me. 

An evil smile took over my face as I remembered the flashbacks of today's incident. 

I took a sip of my orange juice and started narrating today's incident with Claire. 

Mark and Sharon were in hysterics by the end of it. 

"So much for teaching my sister some skills." Mark muttered and smiled as he left the kitchen.

"So whats up with Ryan?" I asked after we had calmed down from our laughter attack. Sharon instantly blushed and I knew she was having the time of her life. 

She went on and on about Ryan and how he tried to make all their dates so special and how extremely hot he was... It seemed to me that Ryan truly cared about her. 

Somehow while thinking about Ryan and Sharon, Daniel's image popped up in my head. 

I pondered on the possibility of him liking me. 

I could only wish!

A/N: 

please ignore the typing errors, had to upload from phone. 

btw, listen to heels over head by Boys Like Girls. It perfectly suits Dan's situation. :-)