Watch over you | 🇬🇧 x child! reader

Requested by Lutia134340 uwu**

---------------------

The ringing of the school bell echoed around the school, little children running out their classroom to see their parents. As for you, you stood near the flag pole. Your tiny hands clutching the straps of your yellow school bag.

///Earlier///

"Princess, " your mother called, a bag slung across her shoulder.

You walked over to your mum, snuggling closely to your stuffed rabbit.

"Yes, mommy?"

Her hand settled on your shoulder as she gave you a sorry look.

"(Y/n), sweety. Mommy's going to work for a little longer than usual, okay?"

"W-wha? Why though?"

"So many paperssssss!" Your mother whined dramatically, tickling you in the process.

"Ahahahahahaha! Mommy-Ahahhahaha!" you laughed, trying to keep your dear mom from tickling you any further.

"I'm going to be sooooo sleepyyyy..."

"Haha! Mommy wake up! You have work!"

You felt a poke at your nose as you saw your mother smiling brightly, her pointer finger out.

"Stay safe okay? I don't people trust enough to protect my little princess, so when something happens...?"

"Call the popotato."

"Yes dear, " she stood up, ruffling your head as she gave you a proud yet concerned look.

"Call the popotato..."

///-----///

'Mommy won't be home...'

The wind blew past you, causing your hair and a few leaves to flow along with it.

'I don't want to be home alone...'

Cars honked as they drove off, leaving you by yourself in the field.

'Everyone's gone...Maybe I should ask some nice people...?'

And so, you roamed around the school.

--Minutes later--

"I'm sorry dear but I can't help you."

"I have stuff to take care of, sweetie."

"I'm really busy at the moment...Sorry."

"My place doesn't really welcome visitors... "

"I live too far, hun."

"T-that's okay..." you mumbled, lowering your head in surrender.

A sad smile made it's way to your teacher's face as she placed her hand softly on your shoulder.

"Why don't you go over to the vice principal? Oui chéri?"

"O-okay, miss France...Thank you."

A warm chuckle escaped from her lips.

"No problem dearie. Take care!"

------Later------

Your eyes stared blankly at the closed door to the vice principal's office, feeling nervous and hesitant to speak with such a high ranked person.