Start over | 🇺🇲 x reader

Inspired by a poem from my favorite author, Lang Leav.

“I never met you before, but I recognize this feeling.”
        -Lang Leav

—–—–—–—–—–—–—–— –—–—–—–—–—–—

(Y/n) and America were currently walking home, as school had just ended.

Both had their hands intertwined, laughing joyfully as they chatted.

They came to a halt in front of a pedestrian lane, waiting for the sign to turn green for them to cross.

“So (Y/n), I saw you and South earlier, did you guys have a nice talk?~” he teased, causing the girl beside him to lightly punch his arm.

“Pfft-I thought you already knew that you've always been my favorite!” (Y/n) laughed, pinching her best friend's cheek playfully before crossing the pedestrian lane.

A warm smile made its way to the American's face as a pink hue spread across his cheeks.

How fun it was to be in love.

He was cut out of his trance when he heard a  loud honk from a car before it struggled to turn.

His eyes went wide to the sudden realization.

“(Y/N)!-”

It crashed.

You were hurt, severely.

-----------------------

The sound of a beeping heart monitor echoed around the white hospital room as you lied in bed, unconscious.

The doctor took one last look at your current state and exited your hospital room.

-----

America swallowed harshly, walking back and forth down the hallway.

Your parents were seated on a bench beside your door.

Your mother gripped her dress harshly, tear after tear escaping her eyes as your father stayed completely silent.

They were devastated. They didn't want their precious daughter to go just yet...

America's breathing hitched as sweat trickled down his forehead.

It was all his fault.

Your best friend sat down and squeezed his eyes shut, praying for your safety.

‘(Y/n), please...please be ok...’

All three had their ears perk up as soon as they heard a click from the door to your room.

The doctor came out, a clipboard on his grasp. His eyes filled with sympathy as a warm smile made its way to his face.

“She's alive.”

America's mouth went agape, turning into a bright smile.

Their world's brightened up to the wonderful news, causing your mother to smile brightly as tears streamed down her face.

“Thank you so much Doctor...” your father thanked while your mom gave him a hug of gratitude.

America let out a sigh of relief. Delighted to have not lost his closest friend and love of his life.

“She will be in a coma for quite some time. Your daughter was lucky, the crash could have been fatal.”
The doctor explained, causing the American's smile to turn upside down, feeling severely guilty.

—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—

“We're moving.”

“...Ma'am pardon?-”

“We're moving, boy.”

“...”

No way.

America state silent as he heard the news from your parents.

“And we're taking our (Y/n) with us.” your mother strictly added.

“...Ma'am, Sir, I-”

“We've made up our mind.” your father added.

America lowered his head. His hand balled into a fist, hesitant to speak as he knew he could never change your parents' minds.

He didn't want you to leave...

“I hope you realize how much of a threat you are to our daughter.”

“...”

He stood there, frozen in place as he watched your parents walk away.

“No...(Y/n) please don't-...don't leave me- don't you dare leave me...”

“Please...”