Trial and Error | 🇷🇺 x reader

Russia planned to go to the library.

He didn't know why. The thought just randomly appeared in his head. Besides, he had nothing else to do so he decided to go with it.

He wandered around the library, on search for an interesting book to read.

He came across a moss-green colored book called, 'Trial and Error'.

He pulled the book out and went to look for a place to sit.

Most of the tables were filled.

By 'filled' I mean that there were either one or two countries/people occupying them that Russia didn't want to socialize with.

His gaze landed on a certain female sitting alone, eyes focused on her selected book.

He sat next to her. She perked up after noticing the county beside her.

She glanced at Russia.

The two awkwardly stared at each other of a good 2 minutes before quickly turning their heads back into their books.

The girl took another look at him and noticed that they were reading the same book.

"Trial and Error." she blurted out, gaining the attention of the Russian.

"Sorry-uh, Trial and Error. We're reading the same book" she smiled, showing her copy of the book.

Russia didn't respond, he couldn't think of anything to say. He slowly started falling into his thoughts...

"Hi, I'm (Y/n) by the way." she introduced herself, smiling warmly.

"Russia." he replied blankly.

The two were met with silence as they continued to read their chosen book.

Russia felt a tap on his arm as a little paper note was passed to him.

He looked at it and her in slight confusion, opening the note.

-------------------------

Sorry if you don't like talking..or I was too talkative.

I was wondering if you would like to be friends?

Anywho that's pretty much all I wanted to tell you.

If you need any help or want to vent, Ya girl be here ^w^.

(Phone number)
XXX XXX XXX

~(Y/n)
-----------------------------

A small chuckle escaped his lips.

(Y/n) let out a small sigh, she was afraid she would mess it up, though she was far from that.

A few weeks have passed since their first encounter.

Russia and (Y/n) would occasionally meet in the library. They would also often hang out in different places like cinemas and amusement parks.

They grew a close bond as they spent more time with each other.

America would enjoy his time teasing the Russian about his new 'girlfriend', which would result in another fight.

They were now currently in a park.

Enjoying the peace while having a little picnic. Cliché huh, I know.

They were both enjoying the food, chatting about what-not.

All of the sudden, (Y/n) pulled out a familiar book. A quirky smile plastered on her face.

"Do you remember? The book that brought us together! Trial and error." she said, her smile never leaving her beautiful face.

"Course I do." Russia laughed, ruffling the girl's hair.

The two were looking at each other, in comfortable silence.

"Haha!, this was our first reaction to each other too!" she laughed, Russia smiled at her cuteness.

"Russ, I've been meaning to say something for a while.." (Y/n) trailed off.

"Hm?"

"Are you willing to commit to trial and error?"
She asked, earning a confused look from the Russian.

"I mean...i'm talking about love. Ya know, trial and error.."

"Even if we do end up as an Error, I would still be eternally grateful for having you as a part of my life." she smiled brightly.

Russia engulfed her in a warm hug, startling the girl.

Warmth slowly spread through her cheeks. They soon broke the hug, letting out an awkward chuckle, both of them red.