Part 8-My Secret

For the next couple of days Lillia and I spent time together doing many things.

We would visit one another's homes and either watch TV or paint. Other times we went out to have lunch or ate at one of the other's homes. Aside from food, TV, and art, we began to do other things together.

I took Lillia dancing at a club I liked and we got our groove on. Boogieing and bumping each other's hips while the crowd looked on in amazement. Lillia brought me to her university and I even participated in one of the foreign student outings. I also donated some money to the university's food bank and other charities.

Eventually I met Lillia's parents after her mother had been away for a few years. I was honored to meet them. Hearing of her father's fate and her mother's compassion moved me. I felt very welcomed and respected by her parents.

During dinner I was being naughty.

"So Mr. Simpson, Lillia never said 'Daddy' until out of the blue?" He asked, teasing her.

Lillia nudged me in the elbow.

"Her mother BEGGED her to say 'Mommy' first."

I laughed hearing the stories of when she was a baby and how her parents kept such jovial lives.

I also was moved to learn how they met as well. Her mother was without a home or work but with her father's aide they managed to find her work and they fell in love. Amazingly, history was repeating itself with Lillia and me.

I went to the grocery store with her and helped purchase enough food to last her until the second month.

The only downside to our trip was the giddy and wide-eyed cashier who kept looking at me like I was some Rock star.

When Lillia noticed I simply took her by the shoulder and we left the store.

Now, you're probably wondering why I haven't told her my secret yet. Well, here's the reason, I don't want to learn that what I've got with her ends up like my marriage. Yeah... My ex married me 'because I was a LOT more famous and had the cash. I honestly thought I'd found the love of my life, sadly some people can turn out not as you think.

With Lillia on the other hand, I couldn't ask for more! Maybe I will tell her this week that I'm an actor.

Especially seeing that she doesn't beg me to buy her things. Namely that sexy racer back dress I got her.

Today I started to do meetings at another hotel. This was about my new movie and for my beverage also. I was thinking of promoting it in the film. For the first time, I was letting Lillia come and spend time with me here. I don't think she's ever stayed at a hotel before, well she's in for a lot.

Half an hour later...

I sent my bodyguard to get Lillia once I got notification from the front desk. Better go and do some touch-ups in the bathroom.

I was combing my hair when I heard the knock on the door.

I smiled and gave her a hug.

Lillia walked into the hotel room and sat down not too close to where I would be seated.

"I was hoping we could check out the gift shop located downstairs later. Maybe buy your parents something."

Lillia remained silent.

"What's wrong my dear?"

Lillia got up and gave me an indignant look.

"Why didn't you tell me you were famous? That you were a French European actor who starred in movies alongside one of the stars of 'Bonnie and Clyde'?"

She turned her face away from me as I reached out to touch her hand.

"Lillia-"

She snatched her hand away from my touch and turned her face away.

"I don't want to hear it Pierre!"

"Look, the part about the clothing line was true okay?"

"But you lied to me about your actual profession!"

"I can explain-"

"Is this what you do? To deceive the women you're with?"

"Absolutely not! I never-"

"Oh but I'm an exception?"

"I had a reason for doing it! Let's sit down and-"

"NO! I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!"

"LILLIA! LILLIA!"

She stormed out of my hotel room and went home.

I went to the bed and laid down staring at the ceiling. I shouldn't have kept my acting profession a secret from her.

I took out my cell phone and left her a voice message.

"Hi Lillia, I apologize for not telling you I was an actor. I never wanted to confess like this. Listen, I'm staying at the hotel for another few days. I want us to talk."

I hung up the phone and tried to sleep that night without my university girlfriend.