Chapter 2

{Amy Addams - Fernanda Vasconcellos}

Amy's POV

After Katherine left I was in a loss for words. Mr. White had told me that I would be tutoring someone in our class, but he never told me this someone was Katherine Hills! She terrified me, every time I looked at her she would glare back in disgust. I didn't know why, but she hated me. Well, most of the school did but she seemed to go a little further. I shook my head.

"You never told me that I'd be working with her." I said to Mr. White with a small voice as I looked down to the floor. I was really shy and even though it's been years since I met him I still couldn't hold a conversation looking in his eyes. Well, this was not particularly with him. It was with everybody.

"I didn't think that would make a difference. Is there a problem?" He asked puzzled. I quickly answered while still looking at my shoes.

"No, I was just... Surprised I guess." He smiled at me and reassured me that I would be fine. I nodded and exited the classroom.

My mind was still in a buzz. I was going to spend the rest of the year working with Katherine? I didn't know what to expect. To be honest she intimidated me. I breathed long and hard and decided to go to the library. I had a few free periods since this year I only had two subjects, because I was already done with all the others.

Once I got in I breathed the sweet and intoxicating smell of old books and a sense of peace took over me. Just being there put me at ease, it was my safe place.

I greeted the old librarian, miss Summerfield, who acknowledged me with a nod and a sweet smile. I grabbed a book about Greek Mythology and sat down in a comfy chair at the back of the library and began to read. I read for what I seemed like hours.

I was so deep into the story of Persephone's kidnapping that I didn't even noticed someone sitting in front of me. I felt my book suddenly being pulled away from me and I looked up startled. Much for my surprise, Katherine was sitting in front of me, her nose in a frown like she was disgusted to even be near me. My breath got stuck in my throat and I immediately looked down.

"So I guess we're partners now right?" She said coldly. I nodded slightly still looking at the ground.

"Okay, so now let's get one thing clear. I don't like you and you probably don't like me either, so I just suggest that you do this fucking thing by yourself and write to Mr. White how I improved and shit. Got it?" I was still looking down.

I didn't know why her words hurt me so badly. I normally didn't care what people thought of me or even what they called me. But there was just something about her face whenever she looked at me, and her voice when she talked to me. It was like she hated me, and I didn't know why, but I cared. I tried to hold back my tears and kept looking at my shoes as if my life depended on it.

"Oh shit! Are you mute or something? Just know that if you don't do exactly what I tell you. I will make your life a living hell." I almost smiled at that, my life was already hell.

"Are you gonna answer me or not, freak?" And again, her words cut me like razors. I didn't understand. Why did a care so much?

"Yes... I... I'll do what... what you say." I said stuttering my voice barely loud enough for her to hear me.

After she heard that she said something like, 'okay, see ya, freak,' and got up walking towards the exit. When she was finally outside the library I finally let my tears fall as I sobbed silently. For some reason I didn't want her to hate me, since the first time I saw her I knew she was different. She wasn't dumb or a whore, like all her friends. I knew she was so much more than just a  beautiful popular girl. Although something told me that she didn't even know it herself.

I looked at the clock and sighed. I guessed I was the only person in the world that hated when school ended. Why? Because going back home was like going back to hell.
Everyday was the same. I got home, my dad would be there drunk and high as always. I would try to go to my room as soon as possible but he would grab me by my wrist and blame me for his life being a failure.
He would beat the hell out of me and whip me until he got tired and went to sleep. I would crawl to my room where I kept a first aid kit and would treat my wounds as best as I could. Then I'd fall asleep with pain running through my body. And in the next day, guess what? I'd go through it all over again. Great wasn't it?

I grabbed my stuff and walked out slowly. I was going back to hell.

A/N: So this is a little different than my other book. I know, no cool lesbian vampires but well, I was in for a change. This is a sample of what this book will look like. I know the writing is different in this one, more "childish" I guess but I figured they were teenagers and they should act as such. Comment and vote if you like it, it motivates me to keep writing :).