Chapter 22

Amy's POV

I sat down on the chair. As usual I was the first one to get to class. Everyone else was either talking on the hallway or trying to get to school before getting late. Katherine had made me sit down in the back of the classroom lately.

Although with much sacrifice she was starting to come around, she was paying more attention and even participating more in class. Her grades were exponentially getting higher and even the teachers were surprised with her sudden change in behaviour. I've always known she was smart, she just needed to focus and study more.

"You're here early... as usual." Katherine said getting into the classroom and throwing her bag on the floor by her seat.

"You know, you should be more careful with your stuff." I said ignoring her last comment. She smirked.

"I have dozens of bags like that. One getting damaged won't make a difference." I rolled my eyes, of course money wasn't a problem for her, but still she should at least appreciate what she had. I ended up not saying anything though, what would be the point?

"So, you're here early. That's a change." I said changing the subject. She shrugged.

"I knew you'd be here. Can you blame me for wanting to see you?" She said with a bright smile winking at me at the end of her sentence. I as usually blushed ten shades of red.

"Always a flirt." I said finally trying to hide my face.

"Oh please, you know you like it." She said finally and I just shook my head ignoring her and making her laugh.

The teacher entered the classroom seconds later followed by the rest of the students.

Class went by fast. It was funny how time with Katherine always did. Her sarcastic remarks and jokes always made me laugh. I had to admit, I liked the new Katherine. She was willing to change, just for me, and I had to appreciate that. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to give her a chance, would it?

"You're doing it again." Kate said and I looked up.

"Doing what?" I asked confused and she smiled.

"Getting lost in your own little world." She said pointing to my forehead. I shook my head.

"I do that often don't I?" She smiled nodding.

"Yes, now come, I'll take you home." She said picking up her bag and taking my hand.

I normally didn't like when she did that in school. Everyone was always staring at us. And the funny thing was, no one gave a crap about the gay thing. What they didn't like was the fact that Katherine, one of the most popular girls in school, was seeing an outcast like me.

"I told you, don't mind them." She said once she got enough of me looking around. I looked down.

"Sorry, I just am not used to people looking at me, I'm used to being invisible around here."

"Well, I for one like people looking, then they won't have any funny ideas about you." Now that made me smirk.

"Jealous are we?" I teased and she stopped walking for a second.

"What, Me? Jealous? Don't make me laugh Addams." She said walking towards the parking lot. I laughed and followed.

The ride home was as usual, very entertaining. We talked, sang and laughed throughout the whole time. I always tried to enjoy as much as I could from my rides home, because I knew that every time I entered my house, I was entering hell itself.

And as everything that's good has to come to an end, we got to my house. The car came to a halt and it was time for me to get out. I opened the car door.

"Well, see you tomorrow." I said getting out the car, but before I could do anything I felt her pulling me back. Before I knew her lips were already on mine.

"Did you really think I would let you go without a goodbye kiss?" She said seductively. I blushed.

"I... should go..." I stuttered and she smiled.

"Yes, go before you faint." She said jokingly and I shook my head.

"Bye Kate." I said getting out of the car with the biggest smile on my face.

I entered my house after I saw Kate's car take off, not paying too much attention.
Once I set foot inside, however, my breath got caught in my throat. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Inside the house were three men I had never seen before. Trashing the house, everything was torn, broken and upside down.

One of the men came closer. He was tall, and fat. Had a huge beard, and honestly smelled awful. He smiled while he walked towards me. I could see his rotting teeth. I tried to walk backwards but one of the other guys held my arm.

"Oh well boys, what do we have here?" The fat guy said, his face close to mine, his breath was foul. I had to force myself not to puke.

"I think that's his daughter." The last man said. I was scared, what the hell was going on?

"His daughter huh? Well, since her daddy dearest isn't here, maybe she'll have our money."

"Yeah, where's our money little girl?" The man who was holding my arm asked, forcefully while pulling out a knife.

"I... I don't have any money." I said at last. The fat guy laughed.

"Look, this is how things are going down. You give us the money your dad owes us... or we'll beat the crap out of your tiny body." He said and the other two laughed loudly.

"I don't have anything, please just let me go, I don't owe you anything, my father does." I tried to reason with them. They just laughed more. I felt my cheek burn as the fat guy backslapped me. I forced myself not to cry.

"I'll give you one more chance. Where is our money?" He said again.

"I don't have any money!" I screamed and they shook their heads.

"So be it."

The first blow was directly on my stomach. Then came the rest, punches and kicks all over my body. I could only hear laugher, I tasted blood as I fell on the floor. My head felt warm and my vision started to blur. They wouldn't stop kicking me, it seemed to last forever.

I didn't know how long it took for them to finally get tired of me and go back to trashing the house. I spitted out blood and tried to reach for my phone. The screen was cracked but I could still see some of it.

I knew I was going to pass out soon, I was starting to see black spots all over. The only thing I could do was write the word "SOS" and hit send. Then everything went black