Chapter 17

Katherine's POV

I drove silently through the road. Amy was looking out the window with a faint smile on her face. She looked around and frowned when she realized I was heading towards the highway.

"Wait, we're leaving town?" She asked surprised. I smiled a bit.

"Yes, we are. Now, enough questions. It's a surprise." I said while turning on the radio.

The guitar riff started loudly, then the bass drum, I hummed lowly as the song build up. None of us said a word, until the lyrics started.

"Thunder!" Both of us sang loudly at the same time. I smiled brightly as I looked to the side and saw Amy moving her head to the beat and singing. I had to admit, at least she had good taste in music.

It was the funnies car ride I had in years. We sang and laughed the whole ride.

"I was caught
In the middle of a railroad track
I looked around
And I knew there was no turning back
My mind raced
And I thought what could I do
And I knew
There was no help, no help from you" - We sang as the car moved through the highway.

"I have to admit, you're actually a good singer." I said while looking at the road. She laughed a bit.

"Well, thank you, I think that at least one of us should be." She said jokingly.

I arched one of my eyebrows and looked at her. She was looking back straight at me. After a few seconds though she blushed and looked at the window once again.

"Hey, not nice Addams." I said trying to be serious but hardly containing my smile.

"Oh, don't be sad Hills, I was just joking... partly." She said, the last part was a whisper to herself. Although I was still able to hear.

I couldn't contain my smile. I knew I wasn't a good singer and honestly I didn't give a single fuck. But something about Amy being comfortable enough with me to give me a hard time about it made me smile. I guess my plan was working out perfectly.

"I swear I'll throw you out the window." I said back and she laughed.

"Ok, I'll stop." She said as she "zipped her lips".

I continued to drive through the highway making our way outside the town. We drove listening to music, making jokes and being goofy. I had to admit that I actually missed hanging out with someone that actually had an IQ higher than a goat's.

"So, how far are we from this mystery place?" Amy asked after some time had passed.

"Not too far, it's right outside the city." I answered she nodded and no one spoke for a while.

I liked our moments of silence. It wasn't an awkward silence. It was a comfortable one. No need to make small talk or anything. Just enjoying the fact that we were both there.

Soon enough we were already entering the farm. Amy's eyes grew large and she took the place in. She looked around smiling brightly at the sight.

"This place is beautiful." She said once we got out of the car. I smiled as I stood by her side.

"Yes, this is my little piece of heaven." I said proudly. It really was. It was the place where I could get away, my sancta terra.

"So, is this were your friend lives?" She asked jokingly and I took her hand guiding her to the stables.

"Actually, he lives here." I said once we got to his stall. My beautiful horse was standing there lazily munching on his hay.

Once he smelled me he propped up his big head and whinnied happily. I stretched my arm up so I could reach his snout. I petted him briefly before opening his stall so he could come forth.

Amy suddenly moved a few steps back, looking at the monumental black horse in front of her. I arched one of my brows.

"Don't be afraid, he's very nice." Amy took one step forward but didn't come closer than that.

"Sorry, never really seen a horse from up close before. He is huge." She finally breathed out. I laughed a bit.

"Really? Well, today you're going to ride a horse for the first time then." I said she shook her head looking at me.

"What? Me? No, no, no. I'm sorry but I'm not getting up on that thing." She said pointing to the horse. I smirked.

"Don't worry, you're gonna love it."

Amy's POV

I looked again to the monstrosity in front of me. The thing was, my dream was to become a vet, but I had a slight problem with big animals like that. And let me tell you, this horse was freaking huge!

I watched as Katherine petted his snout and the horse lowering his big head for her to reach further. She smiled brightly at the animal, I've never seen her so happy and relaxed before.

I heard footsteps behind us, I looked back to see a tall muscular young man, he couldn't be more than nineteen, although his body was broad and defined, his pimpled face gave his age away. He was carrying a big leather saddle, and the rest of the horse's tack.

"Miss Katherine, want me to tack him up for you?" The young man said with a strong southern accent. Kate looked up at the horse and nodded briefly.

"Yes, I'd appreciate your help John. Thank you." She said politely and I frowned, that was new.

She walked towards me and took my hand guiding me to the exit of the barn, she turned back to the stable boy and said before exiting.

"We'll be at the house, bring him up when you're done." The boy nodded and so Kate pulled me with her as she walked.

"Well, I take that you must be starving. I know I am." She said while walking towards a big house a couple of meters behind the barn.

We walked in silence for a while, she was still holding my hand as we walked. It was a different feeling, I wasn't used to it but still it felt good. And even with all of this, the way she was treating me and the way she talked, something still worried me. And the words left my mouth unintentionally.

"Why?" I asked before I could shut myself up.

"Why what?" She asked casually.

"Why are you doing this? I mean, why are you trying so hard to win me over?" I asked deciding that if I started might as well finish the question.

She looked at me, she looked almost like she was in pain. Then she looked down, and up to me again, now with a beautiful smile on her lips.

"Because you're worth it."

A/N: Yes, I know haven't updated in a while but well... I'm back! hopefully lol. Oh and btw, if you guys read my other book, "Bloodlust", I posted the synopses for the sequel called "Lust"