[3]

"Let me get this straight," Hayley gasped, her brown eyes comically wide as she gaped at me. "Alpha talked to you!"

"Mhmmpf."

"He talked to you, of all people!"

I paused while taking a sip of my hot chocolate, and frowned at her, offended. "Hey...what's that supposed to mean?"

Hayley immediately patted my head, "No offense, but you're just a rogue that we've taken in. We get new members all the time. Why is he so interested in you, then?"

"I dunno," I said honestly, shrugging as I played with my mug.

"I mean, even after Morgan?"

I furrowed my brows at her. "Who's Morgan?"

Hayley's eyes widened instantly as if she hadn't meant to say that. "Oh, um..forget that. Not important."

I frowned, but let the matter drop.

"Now coming back to the point, he talked to you, girl! And Alpha Cole is NOT the flirty type. Maybe the mysterious bad boy type. Yeah, maybe that-"

Here we go again. I said nothing, wrapping my fuzzy blanket more tightly around my pajama-clad body. The two of us were currently lazing around in my room, since we both had nothing to do. It was a cold wintry afternoon, and it was snowing. This made it a public holiday for the entire pack. As a result, everybody was outside playing in the snow and making good use of the winter weather. Some, like Hayley and I, took advantage of the warm, empty castle to hang out freely and do whatever they wanted.

Good thing Black Ice has an excellent pantry and kitchen, or I might have just packed up my things and left this place for good, no matter how hot or super-sexy their Alpha might be.

Or cocky. Or arrogant. I don't know, the dude seemed rather demanding when he told me to join his pack. Was it weird that I found it really hot? Or perhaps I'm just over-thinking, and the guy is too hot and distracting for his own good. And mine. I should be ashamed of myself right now, I sound like a hormonal penguin.

OH. Do female penguins even have hormones? Like, during pregnancy and stuff? I'm gonna search that up. Or wait. What if somebody looks up my browsing history? That would be disastrous-

"He stood near you! He let you have breakfast with him!"

"Huh?" I asked stupidly. Dammit, hadn't Hayley finished fangirling yet?

Hayley paused during her hyperventilation and shot me an exasperated look. "You were not listening, were you?"

"Nah," I shrugged, fighting a grin at her pouting expression. The girl was too sweet and innocent for her own good.

"Do penguins have hormones?" I blurted out, immediately slapping a hand to my mouth after. Hayley stared at me like I had grown two heads. "The hell?"

I decided to go for the cool, calm, and collected approach. "FOR PETE'S SAKE, DO PENGUINS HAVE HORMONES?" I yelled frustratedly, throwing my hands everywhere.

Not literally, no. That would be terrible. I meant flailing my arms around, please...coming back to what I just now yelled. That blew up any chances of being cool, calm and collected-

"I don't know, do they?" Hayley asked in confusion, blinking at me. I grinned at her. I have found a fellow psycho. "They might," I pondered. "I mean, they do have females, so-"

"It's time for your evening training lessons to start, Mia and Hayley," a younger werewolf popped her head into the room and informed, before shutting the door again.