[8]

"What the hell did you just do?" Miles asked me, his eyes wide, awestruck. I frowned at him. "Mind your language, kiddo."

I turned to Hayley, who was gaping at me. Smiling slightly, I told her, "Come on. We'll run to the pack house. I can protect us with this." I wiggled my eyebrows at her, raising snowballs to the air and making them race around.

She didn't move.

"Oh, for heaven's sake," I huffed, grabbing her hand and Brooke's. "Move."

"You're an Elemental," whispered Hayley. "How are you so freakin' calm about it?!"

I shrugged, "I dunno. Just feel like it was meant to be, y'know?"

"Fuck," I heard Hayley say slowly behind me as I took hold of Brooke's hand and moved forward breezily.

I didn't care. I felt like I could conquer the world.

"So you're a Water Elemental?" Miles asked me in wonder as we moved slowly, ducking behind trees occasionally. I smiled slightly.

"I guess so."

"That is so cool," Miles grinned as Brooke looked wonder struck. "I know," I nodded.

"The others are going to freak out," Hayley told me worriedly. "Our pack will be happy, but you're like a good and bad thing. You're going to be dangerous, you know? We'll be attacked on all sides by other packs. They'll kill to get you on their side."

I nod slowly. "I kind of realized that. Moon Stone, in particular will not be happy." I start to grin. "They kicked me out, the damn fools. They are so gonna regret that."

Hayley started to smile. "On a positive note, you'll be added security. You on our side is a stroke of pure good luck."

"I hope so." I tread lightly, happier at the thought.

"By the way," Hayley spoke up again. "I don't want any of you to announce this to the pack, okay?" I turned to look at her in confusion, but then quickly realize her reasons. The decision was for Alpha alone to take.

"Not even Mommy?" Brooke asks.

"Not even Mommy," Hayley confirms. "I want this to be a secret between us, guys. Once we reach the pack house, we don't speak of this to anyone, understand? We request a private meeting with the Alpha. He alone decides what to do with Mia. Magical blood comes only every fifty centuries, and we can't risk anything right now."

"Right," Miles nodded, and I turned back to watch among the trees, slightly apprehensive.