{29} Meeting the Rascals

Kasamatsu walked down the familiar corridor that he had walked so many times when he was just a freshman in Kaijou, which led to their very own music room. It was the lunch break and there were students roaming around but not as much as the science building. He stopped in front of a closed wooden door which had a board named 'Music Club' and sighed.

He didn't really want to come at first but Kobori and Moriyama insisted on going there because as they say 'This is our last year of high school man! And this is far too lucky a chance, don't miss out on this!' If he thinks about it, that's true too. The Rascals are untouchable. They meant a great deal to Kaijou as well. They play a major role in the cultural show, so Kasamatsu was a bit unsure of himself going out there at first. But he loved music and what the hell? He didn't want to back off and regret it later.

Now here he is in front of the Music club. He knocked on the door. A couple of seconds later the door yanked open, revealing non-other than the leader of Kaijou Rascal Rockers, Hayasaka Akira.

"Oh hey, Kasamatsu! Am I glad to see you, man! Come on in!"

He ushered the steel blue-eyed teen in. Kasamatsu stepped inside taking a look around. The club room has stayed pretty much the same all these years. There was another door inside the room on the left, marked as 'Rascals', where he has never gone inside before. Because that room held all the instruments and other stuff of the band and only members were allowed inside.

"C'mon, let's talk inside our band space" Hayasaka gave him a smirk as he opened the second door and led Kasamatsu inside. It was really cool, the posters of the band from various events including the last year's cultural festival, which was a blast, by the way, were posted on the walls every side. The drum set was in the far back in the middle. The electric guitars were lined beautifully on a side. The basketball captain looked around in awe. He never really paid much attention to them, but now he actually liked to play for them. His eyes roamed around and stopped... he took a double take.

"Ryuu?! What the hell are you doing here?"

Kasamatsu asked with a lifted eyebrow. Yamauchi Ryuu, who was sitting on top of a cupboard, throwing a tennis ball to the wall and catching it, looked down at his best buddy.

"Dude... you just broke my heart. Don't you know that I'm the fucking lead vocalist?"

He jumped down from the cupboard and walked toward Kasamatsu who rolled his eyes.

"Oh yeah... I forgot." He said with a shrug. He remembered part of his major popularity was actually because of that. Ryuu slung a hand over his shoulder and leaned down.

"Besides, I'm the actual rascal here in this so-called Rascal rockers, you know that."

"Okay, whatever man..." Hayasaka told Yamauchi and hand Kasamatsu a file. "Here... it contains all the songs we're gonna play at the cultural festival with notations. You can change your parts if you want"

The basketball captain took the file and checked out the content. His eyes went wide.

"Uh, Hayasaka... this is a lot more than I thought man!"

Ryuu popped a bubble gum and twirled a chair, sitting on it backwards.

"That's the full list. We're doing this thing where the audience can come up on stage and sing a song from that list. That'd be awesome."

Kasamatsu quickly scanned the list; they were all rock songs, obviously and looked up at Hayasaka.

"Okay, I'll check it out." He said even though he doubted he'd have time to practice everything with basketball. "When do we start practicing?"