{37} Past and Present

"I can't believe this... No... I don't fucking believe this..." Kasamatsu muttered under his breath, clutching the metal bars, watching the police officers take Kawamura Keiji and his gang out of the cell next to his and released them after his rich dad bailed them out. He looked irritated and tired. Soccer team captain looked over at Kasamatsu and smirked as saying "rot in there fuckers" with his eyes.

"Relax man... it's probably only gonna be like 24 hours in here" basketball captain heard the most hated voice at the moment behind him. Yamauchi Ryuu was propped up against the cell wall and had his eyes closed. "Relax?! Are you freaking kidding me?" Kasamatsu stomped across the small space between them and pulled from the collar of his shirt and barked. "You want me to believe that fucking bastard went free and we have to stay here 'cause no one's there to bail us out?" Ryuu looked bored. The thing is he's very much used to his best friend's anger outbursts that he could not care less. He smirked.

"Wasn't it fun though? Eh?" He closed his eyes again and waited for the punch. A moment passed. He opened one eye to see a grim-faced Yukio fuming. "AAARGHHH!" The steel blue-eyed teen pushed Ryuu back and plopped down next to him, releasing his grip on his shirt.

Oh right... he can't punch me, we're inside the police station...

The jade green-eyed teen could hear his friend sighing for the umpteenth time that day, and he knew what was going through his head right now. I wish he'd punch me though... He never wanted Yukio to get involved in his shit. Not ever. It was all about fun when he was in middle school and when they didn't care about anything and just running around making trouble. But things got bad... shit got serious. Even though it was ok for him, it wasn't for Kasamatsu, who wasn't an orphan like him... unlike himself, Yukio had someone to worry about him, cry over him. If Ryuu had anything close to a family he'd say it's Yukio and that old lady at the orphanage.

It was unfortunate that a police patrol car showed up while they were fighting and arrested them all. If he had strength left, he would've run for it like he always does. But he was exhausted and tired, if the fight had gone for a while longer, he would've probably passed out. Ryuu gave a sidelong glance at his friend and sighed.

"Yeah... I never thought this will actually happen though... Me? Well, I could've ended up in lot worse situations than this if I hadn't met you, but not you man.. " he trailed off, reminiscing about the bittersweet past dwells deep within his heart. "Not you..."

3 years ago...

At the rooftop of Yukawa middle school...

Kasamatsu was leaning over the railing, looking far into the distance. Yamauchi was lying on the floor near him watching his steel blue-eyed friend's dark hair danced in the wind. There was something relaxing, something soothing in the company of this young man, that he never felt before. Ryuu was always searching for something, he often wondered what's the meaning of his dull life. He smiles, he laughs, he fights, he runs... all to get the feeling of hollowness inside him to go away. He wanted to find somewhere he belonged. He looked up at the clear blue sky and smiled.

Finally, I found it...

And then he closed his eyes.

"Oi Ryuu..."

He shot opened his jade green eyes and turned his head toward the boy called his name. Yukio still had his eyes fixed in a distant place, Ryuu wandered if he was looking for someplace to belong to as well.

"If I ever get in prison, will you bail me out?"

Brown haired teen stared at his best friend, shocked at the sudden question that came out of nowhere. He sat down and coughed up a laugh. "Dude... of 'cause not. It's not like I have the money or anythin'..." He scratched his head and put a toothy grin at Yukio, who finally broke his gaze and landed his steel eyes on him.